Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

hand evaluation

Old
hand evaluation - Sat Jun 22, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...206_D096453335
how would you play this?
I didn't have any stats on this guy since it was so early in the tournament but i figured out he was kind of fishy later on....limping 50% of hands, calling all ins with marginal hands and raising marginal hands.

Last edited by artifishy; Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 01:54 PM..

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 03:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
I can't imagine what hand might play that way I don't think he's a good player . such a big donk over bet on a turn on a such wet board .a lot of bluff's KQ and maybe KT.I'm thinking about TT but can't understand why strong hand needs to shove there if it is check raise yes but. I think I will be ahead often enough to call his shove. I'm very interested what trainer say

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Totally weird line, I think most often he shoves with a big draw like flush draws with a pair or with a Q or a 9, I think if he had made a straight, two pair or set he would check there to induce a bet and then shove. So it seems like a big draw rather than a made hand

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 04:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
if be very pessimistic I think his hand range looks like KsQs,AsTs,KQo,TT,KTo ( I included KT and TT because T has changed something a lot) and you are still favorite here 53% against 47%, but against hand range KsQs,AsTs,KQo you've got 80% equity and I think this range is more realistic. He shoves first in because he needs fold equity to play hand profitable, if you cbet turn you won't fold to hes shove.

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2012
i expect him to call one pair alot instead of jamming.

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Ho artifishy

Yucky spot. I'm going to fold the hand. We must take into consideration that the blinds are only 10/20 which leaves us with more than 50 big blinds when we fold to villains turn bet, this gives us plenty of time to find better spots to accumulate chips rather than making a high variance call.

Villains line is gross and I expect him to have some strong draws in his range but there are also a lot of made hands there too. The risk reward ratio isn't great enough for us to make the call, this would be a hero call imo.

Well played, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com