Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Its the Principle of the Matter

Old
Its the Principle of the Matter - Sat Jun 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
WhiteStar
Okay...this is not like a bad bad beat....but it pissed me off because any sane player would fold here to my raise. Having to call 4600 to win 12.2k giving him like 2.5 to 1 when he can be crushed in so many spots just pissed me off when he snapped it off in a pure gamble and got there.....10 people left and coulda won the damn thing....just annoying....luckily its only 50 cents....

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
why do people keep saying they only want to play against sane players who always make the correct move?

If that were the case then it would be solely the fall of the cards that dictate who wins or loses rather than skill level.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 07:33 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
These are the players that we make our money off of... yes, they will get lucky a given % of the time, but in the long run, they lose tons to us.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 11:00 PM
(#4)
We all feed the fish a few times. It's necessary for the survival of the game.

Remember, you make more money off your opponent's mistakes than your own good play. And that applies to ALL levels. The higher level players are much better at inducing mistakes. That's the danger of playing them.

So, what's the problem here?

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 11:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
So, what's the problem here?
Maybe jwarry wanted villain to make a correct play and call with AK.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 01:22 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
10 players left 1 away from ft and 3 shorter stacks at your table the shortest of which is in the bb and prolly calling any 2 cards on the utg raise. your reraise with unsuited AQ gave him final table fold equity and a jump in payout. That aside do you ever see the bigstack fold in that situation. You had smaller stacks to exploit instead of trying to force a win with a draw hand(unmade preflop holdings) against the monster stack. As for any sane person folding there as he could be crushed...lol... did that enter your thought process of maybe you were crushed by a utg raise 3x. Anyway good luck at the tables.Keep learning as we all do.
also "only 50c"-look after your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves..quote from my grandma.

Last edited by justletme142; Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:44 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com