Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Note caddy on hem 2

Old
Note caddy on hem 2 - Sun Jun 23, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Is note caddy really good? I dont know if im that keen on pt4s note tracker its all right but i dont think its that good to be honest.

Im just wondering though if i got hem2 would it work properly on a 2gb pc it was really slow when i only had like 1gb but i upgraded the ram to 2gb do you think that hem2 would run well enough?

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 05:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Can't help you on the PC issue but I own HEM2 and NC. TBH my laptop struggled when I ran HEM2 and NC with more than 6 tables opened. My laptop was 2Mhz and had 6 GB of RAM. I built my latest PC for this reason alone, so I could play more tables and increase profits. All I can suggest is try it out and see how it runs. For 1 tabling it was fine but then again, I'm just greedy

It's very powerful and I haven't configured it for my liking. It does take ages to create a note or badge for the first use. It depends on the size of your database but I've 450,000 hands on a fast enough PC and it took 8 hours to create my first badge. I created it wrong and I need to tweak it, that's another 8 hours of computer processing

It's pretty hard to create a definition/ badge but there are loads of free ones along with ones you can purchase. Of course if you look into creating your own, you can have any stat you like. Say you want a badge for someone that bets pre flop, flop, turn and then check folds the river 90% of the time - You can do so. The only thing that's stopping you is your database and your own creativity.

I love the Scatter Graph that gives bet sizing tells. Even in Limit I can get an idea of a villains range by his betting patterns. I've asked for a few extra features which I hope will be implemented. They seem to be very responsive to requests and they implemented my first one.

I also had 2 of the included badges when I first ran the program. Badges are leaks/ specific tells in your game. One was a profit badge which I'm happy with - I won more in 3 bet pots than the average player. This is a good badge, it means I'm winning. My other badge was a leak in my game. I won't say what it is but I've fixed the leak. The reason I won't say is because players many may still have this note on me and will be trying to exploit it but as I've fixed my game, they will be costing chips and it will work to my advantage

If you've any questions, fire away, I'll answer as best as I can.

Last edited by Ovalman; Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: using a wireless keyboard that skips letters!

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm going to buy NoteCaddy as soon as my latest cashout from Stars comes through, so I can't really comment on that, other than to say I'm convinced it's worth $60 to me.

If you 're only 1 or 2-tabling, then 2GB of RAM should be enough for HEM2. I only have 4 Gig of RAM and my processor is somewhat out-dated, but haven't had any problems with 4-6 tabling. Anything more than that would slow things way down, however. I often have to shut down other programs (like antivirus, anti-spyware stuff) to keep my PC ticking along at full speed.

There are various bits of advice concerning optimising your PC for tracker use on the HEM website. A purpose built PC with an SSD hard drive apparently is recommended if you have a massive database, but I doubt you need to invest in that for a while.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#4)
Sounds like its really good then i just wanted something to do all my note taking for me because i dont have time on zoom and i read somewhere that note caddy colour codes players automatically and that bet sizing tell almost sound like a must but im a little worried about if hem will bring my pc to a crawl.

I cant ever see me running more than four tables because i just play zoom now so if it would run 4 tables no prob i would defo be buying it for just that note caddy alone.

I could buy a better pc but i dont want to go into that expense when im gonna only be using it for poker and i dont even know for certain if il be profitable at higher stakes yet, if i was playing higher stakes profitably now then sure id go and buy a good pc but atm this pc is fine i was just wondering if theres anyone running hem2 on 2gb.

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#5)
I think with any new software it will take you a while to get full use out of it. The HUD sent me on total tilt when I first used it and my ROI dropped. I even made a post about 2P2 on it, I was so disappointed.

It took me over a year to start to understand the stats but now I can't do without it. I added the 4 bet stat to my HUD tonight as I think it's a decent tell on a player.

Notecaddy is the same. I don't totally understand how to use it or create my own stats properly. Even the badges I'm still unsure of when I see a player at a table with one (you can hover over a badge to know what it is.) I think I've only scratched the surface with it but I think it's paid for itself with the scatter graph alone.

I bought it for quick reads on players when I multi table, all of the NC information can be found via HEM2, it just processes that information in an easy digestible form and takes a lot of work out of what you could do yourself. I still make my own notes and use my HUD the majority of the time. I also use my own intuition that was winning me money long before I purchased HEM2 but Notecaddy just gives me added information when I need it.

I now 4-6 table and sometimes 10+ and am confident in my game. 2 years ago I would struggle with more than 1.

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Sounds like its really good then i just wanted something to do all my note taking for me because i dont have time on zoom and i read somewhere that note caddy colour codes players automatically and that bet sizing tell almost sound like a must but im a little worried about if hem will bring my pc to a crawl.

I cant ever see me running more than four tables because i just play zoom now so if it would run 4 tables no prob i would defo be buying it for just that note caddy alone.

I could buy a better pc but i dont want to go into that expense when im gonna only be using it for poker and i dont even know for certain if il be profitable at higher stakes yet, if i was playing higher stakes profitably now then sure id go and buy a good pc but atm this pc is fine i was just wondering if theres anyone running hem2 on 2gb.
That reminds me to set up my colour coding. I still manually colour code but on my laptop I had NC do it for me. You have to understand what the colour codes are for though!

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:09 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Sorry, but this is funny
Really, you need note caddy for 2NL?
Must be lots of regulars at that stake...lol

How are you suppose to learn if you need to have all those software to dictate you how to play?

I think people should learn how to play first and then use the tools to gain a few more BB/100. Think about it, if it did do wonders, lots more players here at PSO would be winning players with bigger BB/100 and playing at bigger stakes.

Mike I take notes in PS while playing 4 table zoom, no need for the caddy, just my 2 cents

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:09 PM
(#8)
Yeah i was making notes and color coding regularly but with zoom you dont have time and theres noway am i gonna go through 4k hands after a session at 2nl where half the players you wont see again at 10nl i would but i would much prefer note caddy to do it for me so i can spend that time making notes learning to better my game instead.

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:16 PM
(#9)
Sandtrap when i got a note that tells me villain only 4bets aces i would like to know that info, same goes for if villain stakes off with 88s i got a few of those noted aswell.

I was running profitably at 2nl with no hud and no notes was running 9bb for 10k hands or so but when i got my hud running i been running like a boss at 2nl, doubling my BB/100 each session, these things do help.

I could turn my hud off right now and run good but i much prefer that extra advantage, i dont think a hud will stop me from learning either.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com