Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Indonesia want too Join Bankroll Builder

Old
Indonesia want too Join Bankroll Builder - Sun Jun 23, 2013, 07:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hello introduce me adit from indonesia
im sorry if my english is soo bad
i really love poker
at my country poker is illegal but a lot of indonesian people play this card sport game
i choose pokerstar because a lot of fiture i can get from here
and again i read PSO and that was a amazing fiture
i get pokerstar when i see a lot of biggest tournament poker always there a player from pokerstar.com
my dream i can be one of them
and starting from this PSO maybe u can help my step by step how to be a pro poker player
now would u help me what i need to do first?
for u know that i already play a lot of freeroll tournament aspecially Pokerschool Open Skill League, and win it, even only $0,1 hehehe

so now i want asking about this PSO and pokerstar

- what i should do whit this bankroll builder?
- im not deposit yet, i would make it and maybe u can help when the best time to make a deposit?
- i want to introduce pokerstar.com with indonesian people and possible to me get benefit on it?

a lot of thanks, u want help this newbie

regard

flea ramaditya

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 07:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 09:57 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)
ok i will waith
ty so much

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#4)
Hi aditintruder,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 09:08 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
Hi aditintruder,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!
ty for ur reply
and first step i need to go

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video (DONE)

Quote:
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer (DONE)

3) Pass the Poker Basic course (DONE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass the Poker Basic Course
just want ask on point 2 about my play money
i have Td Kc and i know that is weak
but i try to learn about TAG and im a doing right about this?
should i all in when i know i can win it or just small raise so all player can call?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled4.jpg (49.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled3.jpg (66.1 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by aditintruder; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 12:21 AM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 12:59 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi aditintruder!

With KT on the button, I get 4 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 4 limps, I will raise to 7BB or 140. I want to keep all of my raises standard, so that the opps are continually guessing as to the strength of my hand. Players that bet more or less (mostly due to their hand strength) are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opp.
When the BB min 3-bets me, I will call and see the flop.

I flop top 2 pair with a medium kicker and here is why I don't want to bet less preflop and that is... the opps are priced in to see the flop, so they could be playing anything. If I'm ahead here, I want to raise and if I'm behind, I want to muck and with the previous bets, I have no clue whether I'm ahead or behind. Due to this, I will just call the 100 and re-evaluate on the turn. Bets post-flop need to be made based on the number of opps, pot size and board texture. If I raise here with 3 opps, I would need to make a 3/4 pot raise and since this will be well over 1/3 of my remaining chips, I need to shove... nothing less. I can't ever fold when I'm pot-committed, so I need to shove or fold and I'd really like to know that I'm ahead before I shove.

On the turn, I need to make a value bet with my full house and since a 2/3 pot bet (due to two opps) makes me pot-committed, I need to shove. I do not want to make abnormally small bets on the turn/river as these are a tell to my hand. An observant opp that does not have 77 nor a K will NOT call.

The keys here are to make standard bet sizes, both preflop and postflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 01:12 AM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 09:34 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

i don't know what i should do when get case like this, please teach me coz on flop i feel i can win and when turn coming 50% i fell he have flush but all wrong

how this can happend with me

do i doing right?

player may want to make big bets:
- to put a lot of pressure on opponents
- to gain value from very strong hands
- to protect against strong draws

what next i should do?
thx for the reply

regard
aditintruder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled5cash.jpg (41.8 KB, 33 views)

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#10)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#11)
Quote:

Cheers.
ok ty so much

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi aditintruder! I'll take a look at the hands in post #9.

You included 5 hands in the replay, and posted the link 3 times when one hand is sufficient, but I'll run through them all.

1. KTo. With KTo on the button facing 4 limps, I would also just call. Raising is not a good idea, because KT is not a very strong hand. In fact, it's a trouble hand. As played, you raised to 60 and then got re-raised. This is a clear indication that you don't have the best hand, but with all the callers, you just about have the right odds to call. In a multiway pot, you'll typically need to make a monster hands like trips or a straight to beat everyone.
The flop comes K77, so you made a pair, but you're losing to anyone with a 7. There's a bet and a call, and you decide to minraise. This is a mistake. For a start, it's not at all clear if you have the best hand (you're losing to 7x and all better kings, along with AA) but also this raise misses value when you're ahead. On the turn, you make the top full house, so you almost certainly have the best hand now. Now you only bet 60 into a 1130 pot. Again, this misses value. You should always bet between half pot and full pot for value. Since the pot is larger than the size of your stack, you should go all in. You're leaving a lot of money on the table if you don't get your whole stack in when you make a monster. If villains are calling with worse hands, make them call a BIG bet, not a little one.

2. With 99 in EP facing a limp, a raise is appropriate, and a standard size is 3bb +1bb per limper. Minraising misses value and gives villains a cheap price to call and try and beat you, so don't make minraises. The villain calls and you see a flop of 872, so you have an overpair. You bet 4c into 12c, which again is too small. To get value and to protect your hand, a bet of about 75% of pot would be better. The turn comes a Q, and this time you bet 8c into 20c, which is too small again. A villain can call this small bet if he has a draw (even 2 overcards), because you're giving him a bargain price. The river is an K and I think it's fine to check behind here, as it's hard for you to get called by worse. Villain shows up with AK, so he hit top pair on the river. I think if you'd made bets of standard size (at least half pot) then he wouldn't have had a chance to suck out.

3. With JJ on the button, you make an iso-raise to 8c which is great. The BB calls and the limper folds. The flop is a good one for you, as you have an overpair on 832. Again, your bet is a little too small. Define the strength of your hand with a bet of at least half pot. I'd actually go with something like l5c into 19c, as you can definitely get called by worse hands and draws. When you get raised, there's a possibility that villain is going crazy with a worse hand, like 99 or 88, but he can also have a set. The min-checkraise is often a tell of a big hand. You call, and the turn is a Q. Here, villain bets really small. This is either a "scared bet", because he has a pair lower than Q, or it's a "sucker bet" with a set that wants to get paid. I think it's OK to call this bet, as it's so small. Villain also bets very small on the river, and you pay him off. I'm pretty sure you would have called larger bets on the turn and river, which emphasises the point I'm trying to make: With big hands, you should go for BIG value. Small bets indicate weak players.

4. You raise KK UTG and get called. There's an ace on the AJ2 flop. You make a small bet, and villain raises. You can't call this raise. Villain isn't bluffing. He has at least top pair with the ace, but maybe two pairs or a set. When the board turns bad for your hand, get out at the first opportunity to save yourself some money. Calling the raise and then donking out on the turn is pointless. Villain has already told you (with his raise) that you're losing, so don't give him any more money! Just check-fold.

5. You call a raise with 66 in late position, which is fine. You're set-mining here. Your plan should be to try and hit a set of trips and win a big pot, and to get out for no more expense if you fail to hit a set. You're lucky enough to spike it this time. On the flop of Q63, villain doesn't bet. For some reason, you checked behind. I don't like this slowplay. It's counter-prouctive. Both you and villain are deep stacked. If you want to double up, you need to start betting immediately. The turn comes a 2, and villain bets about half pot. Now you can raise, but as usual you just made a minraise. Please don't do this. Make raises of around three times the size of the first bet, to get maximum value and to make it a mistake for draws to call. Lucky for you, villain re-raises. Once more, you minraise, when you should be going all in. If villain likes his hand, then try and win all his money! You make a full house on the river, and when villain checks to you, you make a tiny bet of 20c into $1.79. This is a terrible size. You should be going all in to get maximum value. Villain calls, but you could have won an extra $1.50 from him if you'd made a proper bet.

On the whole, these hands weren't played too badly. Your biggest problem is your bet-sizing. Cut the minraises out of your game completely. Instead, look at the size of the pot (it's shown at the top of the table) and choose a size that is between half pot and full pot when you're betting for value.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 11:23 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Hi aditintruder! I'll take a look at the hands in post #9.

You included 5 hands in the replay, and posted the link 3 times when one hand is sufficient, but I'll run through them all.

1. KTo. With KTo on the button facing 4 limps, I would also just call. Raising is not a good idea, because KT is not a very strong hand. In fact, it's a trouble hand. As played, you raised to 60 and then got re-raised. This is a clear indication that you don't have the best hand, but with all the callers, you just about have the right odds to call. In a multiway pot, you'll typically need to make a monster hands like trips or a straight to beat everyone.
The flop comes K77, so you made a pair, but you're losing to anyone with a 7. There's a bet and a call, and you decide to minraise. This is a mistake. For a start, it's not at all clear if you have the best hand (you're losing to 7x and all better kings, along with AA) but also this raise misses value when you're ahead. On the turn, you make the top full house, so you almost certainly have the best hand now. Now you only bet 60 into a 1130 pot. Again, this misses value. You should always bet between half pot and full pot for value. Since the pot is larger than the size of your stack, you should go all in. You're leaving a lot of money on the table if you don't get your whole stack in when you make a monster. If villains are calling with worse hands, make them call a BIG bet, not a little one.

2. With 99 in EP facing a limp, a raise is appropriate, and a standard size is 3bb +1bb per limper. Minraising misses value and gives villains a cheap price to call and try and beat you, so don't make minraises. The villain calls and you see a flop of 872, so you have an overpair. You bet 4c into 12c, which again is too small. To get value and to protect your hand, a bet of about 75% of pot would be better. The turn comes a Q, and this time you bet 8c into 20c, which is too small again. A villain can call this small bet if he has a draw (even 2 overcards), because you're giving him a bargain price. The river is an K and I think it's fine to check behind here, as it's hard for you to get called by worse. Villain shows up with AK, so he hit top pair on the river. I think if you'd made bets of standard size (at least half pot) then he wouldn't have had a chance to suck out.

3. With JJ on the button, you make an iso-raise to 8c which is great. The BB calls and the limper folds. The flop is a good one for you, as you have an overpair on 832. Again, your bet is a little too small. Define the strength of your hand with a bet of at least half pot. I'd actually go with something like l5c into 19c, as you can definitely get called by worse hands and draws. When you get raised, there's a possibility that villain is going crazy with a worse hand, like 99 or 88, but he can also have a set. The min-checkraise is often a tell of a big hand. You call, and the turn is a Q. Here, villain bets really small. This is either a "scared bet", because he has a pair lower than Q, or it's a "sucker bet" with a set that wants to get paid. I think it's OK to call this bet, as it's so small. Villain also bets very small on the river, and you pay him off. I'm pretty sure you would have called larger bets on the turn and river, which emphasises the point I'm trying to make: With big hands, you should go for BIG value. Small bets indicate weak players.

4. You raise KK UTG and get called. There's an ace on the AJ2 flop. You make a small bet, and villain raises. You can't call this raise. Villain isn't bluffing. He has at least top pair with the ace, but maybe two pairs or a set. When the board turns bad for your hand, get out at the first opportunity to save yourself some money. Calling the raise and then donking out on the turn is pointless. Villain has already told you (with his raise) that you're losing, so don't give him any more money! Just check-fold.

5. You call a raise with 66 in late position, which is fine. You're set-mining here. Your plan should be to try and hit a set of trips and win a big pot, and to get out for no more expense if you fail to hit a set. You're lucky enough to spike it this time. On the flop of Q63, villain doesn't bet. For some reason, you checked behind. I don't like this slowplay. It's counter-prouctive. Both you and villain are deep stacked. If you want to double up, you need to start betting immediately. The turn comes a 2, and villain bets about half pot. Now you can raise, but as usual you just made a minraise. Please don't do this. Make raises of around three times the size of the first bet, to get maximum value and to make it a mistake for draws to call. Lucky for you, villain re-raises. Once more, you minraise, when you should be going all in. If villain likes his hand, then try and win all his money! You make a full house on the river, and when villain checks to you, you make a tiny bet of 20c into $1.79. This is a terrible size. You should be going all in to get maximum value. Villain calls, but you could have won an extra $1.50 from him if you'd made a proper bet.

On the whole, these hands weren't played too badly. Your biggest problem is your bet-sizing. Cut the minraises out of your game completely. Instead, look at the size of the pot (it's shown at the top of the table) and choose a size that is between half pot and full pot when you're betting for value.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty
ty so much for ur reply
i get a lot of points here
need to learn more about bets sizing, chance,etc
now what next i should do?

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 12:28 AM
(#14)
Hi aditintruder,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Hi aditintruder,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss
how to get VPPs on point 1??

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditintruder View Post
how to get VPPs on point 1??
Hello there,

VPPs can be earned by playing any real money games on PokerStars.

Check THIS OUT for more information.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 03:21 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hello there,

VPPs can be earned by playing any real money games on PokerStars.

Check THIS OUT for more information.

Raiser
ok im done with 10 vpps point, so what next should i do?

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 07:39 PM
(#18)
Hi aditintruder,

It can take up to 48 hours for your VPPs to register in our system. When this registers we will move on to the next step!

Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 11:24 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Hi aditintruder,

It can take up to 48 hours for your VPPs to register in our system. When this registers we will move on to the next step!

Good luck at the tables!

Joss
ok i will waith
ty so much

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#20)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!
You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com