2NL Zoom AA weird Spot... right fold?

Old
Unhappy
2NL Zoom AA weird Spot... right fold? - Mon Jun 24, 2013, 01:04 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Typical zoom hand....

No notes on either player

to me this was a polarized hand i'm either way ahead or totally crushed. Thoughts from the crowd would be nice

random note: villian #5 is single tabling

Last edited by PinoyWonder; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: whoops wrong hand

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 01:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Without any reads I am probably calling this to be honest.

He could easily (Maybe not easily for the AA but I have got it in with the same pair as someone a few times at this point) have AA/KK/QQ and think he is good on that flop. He could have a set, a weird straight, I say weird because I think it would just be horrible for him to be calling QT from early position. T7 isnt realistic either. There is no flush draw. Leaving sets, two pair combos and the weird straight.

I dont think I would be fist pump calling here because it is 2nl and he could literally have anything down to and including the rules card in his hand.

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi PW,

It's not polarized imo. You're either crushed or once in a while a good but not monster favorite (like when V5 is losing his mind with a hand like TT, you're ahead but he still has 10 outs twice to improve and almost 40% equity.

It's always possible he's gone crazy with QQ, lots of bad players at this level, but yikes, facing a donk bet into 2 players on a coordinated board, followed by a raise from the UTG preflop raiser, he would have to be a level 1 thinker for sure (just considering his own hand) to think backing QQ with his entire stack in this situation is a good idea.

Without any reads, I think this is a clear fold. I would expect V5 to be tabling a set quite often here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
^^^^^

I guess this is why I just abandoned 2NL. Made too many fishy calls like that whereas its easier to find folds at higher stakes, even 5NL.

EDIT: Just realised what a ****wit that makes me sound

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 05:18 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
^^^^^

I guess this is why I just abandoned 2NL. Made too many fishy calls like that whereas its easier to find folds at higher stakes, even 5NL.

EDIT: Just realised what a ****wit that makes me sound
hahaha

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post

Without any reads, I think this is a clear fold. I would expect V5 to be tabling a set quite often here.
For me I'm calling

He has a either Set so he has your crushed on the Flop or Drawing plus KK or QQ.
But You either have him crushed now or can Crush him on the Turn or River

Its ZOOM, BOOM, DOOM

ALL IN !!!

SHIP IT !!

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I find it unlikely (although not impossible) that the villain would not 3-bet pre with KK/QQ and then proceed to monkey his entire stack in facing this strong flop action on a scary board texture. Certainly it's microstakes and we'll see all kinds of bad, but I don't think we're making money calling off here until we know the villain is bad in this particular fashion.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com