Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

why was i forced to call after villain 5 raises on the flop?

Old
why was i forced to call after villain 5 raises on the flop? - Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#2)
not saying the other villain was going to fold if i shoved

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
What you couldnt raise? I had 1 hand where it was automatically checking my monster hand and i couldnt bet what so ever.

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:47 PM
(#4)
nope all i could do was call

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
He wasnt able to make an effective raise, ie. the amount of his raise was less than your initial raise, had he raised $8 or more you would have been able to shove over the top.

At least that is my understanding. I should probably know this for sure by now.

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 06:17 PM
(#6)
whats the point of that rule? i never head of it.... if i would have known i could have made it 3.75 that sucks!!!!

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Yes as bhoylegend said the all in is only $3.54 more which does not constitute a legal raise (which would be $4). So when an under-raise has occured the betting is locked to players that have already performed an action. Players who have yet to act can reopen the action should they wish to raise but if they just call then players who have already acted can only call or fold.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 08:01 PM
(#8)
my own stupid fault for not knowing that...... like i said dont think he was going to fold anyway but the last thing i wanted to do there was call

Old
reply - Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:58 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2012
Unlucky mate it is a common rule , the only under raise (proper name of it) a player can make is when they go all in. The only way you could have increased his raise was if you were after him in the betting. What i would have suggest you do was make it were he was not going to be able to under raise or make the villian call a all in. It obviously depends on the exact situation, in your situation if you had bet 50c less you could have still had the option when it got back to you , as he would have been making a legit reraise. So just look out for similar situations.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com