Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Flopped Straight

Old
2NL Flopped Straight - Tue Jun 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Should I have folded the shove here? Is it + or - EV to make the call?

2NL Flopped Straight Video

Sorry about the video format, it's from a Full Tilt on PokerTracker, I couldn't get to work in the hand replayer.

Some stats on the player:

VPIP/PFR/3B = 51/8/2, turn aggression = 2.17 (106 hands)

Last edited by dannyb198888; Tue Jun 25, 2013 at 03:07 PM..

Old
reply to hand - Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I think it is most probably a fold, as i do not see many hands we are beating making this play. I think at best we could be up against someone who is splitting with us at the moment, and the crazy overbet is telling me that i do not have the correct price to continue, could even be up against the straight with a added flush draw. And why i thought this was easy was that the villian was really really passive so this action from this type of player is always a very strong holding..

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 12:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi danny,

First I would raise bigger on the flop. This guy is loose, and he leads into you on a very coordinated wet board... he's got some thing and is not going anywhere.

It's a pretty tough spot on the turn. His bet/3b line looks really strong, so I think it's probably a fold. It's hard to see him showing up with AQ specifically but it's really hard to see him NOT showing up with at least a Q. If he's got just a Q, we are putting 2.85 at risk to get back .65c (half the pot before his raise). If he's got AQ, we're in bad shape. If he's got the Q and spades (like QsJs) we're in bad shape getting freerolled for the pot. As much as it stinks, I think the best play is to just let this go without a solid read he's capable of taking such a strong line without a Q.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 11:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb198888 View Post
Should I have folded the shove here? Is it + or - EV to make the call?

2NL Flopped Straight Video

Sorry about the video format, it's from a Full Tilt on PokerTracker, I couldn't get to work in the hand replayer.

Some stats on the player:

VPIP/PFR/3B = 51/8/2, turn aggression = 2.17 (106 hands)

Hey, that's a neat way to show hands from Full Tilt

Too bad it's too small to read when it's embedded into the post :/

Old
Sat Jun 29, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
Thanks for the replies! I should have folded seeing as at best I was splitting the pot.

Sam, it's a pretty cool feature in Poker Tracker 4, reply a hand and export it to a video file.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com