Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Toilet flushers...the new breed.

Old
Toilet flushers...the new breed. - Wed Jun 26, 2013, 12:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Ok you are on the blind and so end up playing a j8 offsuit two players call and the flop comes 2 j 8. Yay u now have two pairs this is micro so u know they play loose therefore u bet half the pot to secure ur hand against cheap drawouts,the first villian to call shoves as does the sercond so u call they both have suited hands 8 10 clubs for one and q10 the other two clubs have already hit the flop but they bet like the flush is already there... the turn comes blank...the river...CLUB! q10 takes ur chips and ur gone the only problem with this is it happens 90% of the time nowadays it is a trend tell me if im wrong. the flush draw ship in, suited hand and all the chips go to the middle no forethought just a kneejerk reaction. I dont know about u but im scared if this becomes the new strategy of the micros every good player will suffer...God help us. tonyn21.

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 01:19 AM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi tonyn21!

With 2 opps in the hand, 1/2 pot is not enough of a bet to price them out. If the opps just had a flush draw, it would take 2/3 to price them out. Having a flush draw with extra outs from a pair makes it so that it will take 3/4 pot to price them out.
A 1/2 pot bet prices them IN to draw... and if they're priced in, then they should stay and try to win, as they will gain chips on average every time they stay.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 03:45 AM
(#3)
thanks jw! Im still learning so any advice is good this helps me!

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Be aware that players at microstakes will nearly always chase decent draws (8 outs with a OESD, 9 outs with a naked flush draw, more if they have an overcard or two to go with it) but they will never be a favourite against top pair or better unless they have a combo straight/flush draw. If they want to get all their money in on the flop, they will lose money in the long run, because their draws will come in less than 40% of the time. You had a bad result in the hand you described, but in the long run you'll make big profits by charging the draw-chasers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
well sort of off tropic....hiccup,

l tried to get a picture of a toilet as my signature,

Even went over a mods head to do it...lol

But with no luck......anyways,

Please know......with online poker, at any level......everyone plays poker....the good and the bad...

oh and maybe some drunk guy.

cheers

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi tonyn21!

With 2 opps in the hand, 1/2 pot is not enough of a bet to price them out. If the opps just had a flush draw, it would take 2/3 to price them out. Having a flush draw with extra outs from a pair makes it so that it will take 3/4 pot to price them out.
A 1/2 pot bet prices them IN to draw... and if they're priced in, then they should stay and try to win, as they will gain chips on average every time they stay.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Goodness, you're amazing! Thank you John... really needed to learn this part in this way for me to be certain on how to keep this from happening to me... as I was feeling much like Tony on this one! Sure miss our talks where you patiently listen to me ramble and how you instinctively know what I am asking, even when I am not quite sure!

As I continue to read down I thank those that have added to this with their advice... it is very much appreciated!!!

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Chelle,

Here's a blog that I wrote about it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#8)
I would like to know ? If they are both suited in Clubs, why have they BOTH got the TEN of clubs ?

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyn21 View Post
the only problem with this is it happens 90% of the time nowadays it is a trend tell me if im wrong.
Ok, you're wrong.

Flush draws on the flop don't get there 90% of the time. Although it can start to feel like it when you're running bad... but if you actually track this every single time it comes up. you'll find the true % even over your small sample size comes close to the actual maths.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#10)
The player with QT has a straight draw also with the flush draw and they might think their queen is good, they might have 15 outs, do the hand analyzers think this is enough to call with ?

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
At micro stakes just pot bet a lot because opponents don't have a clue about bet sizing and a pot bet 1v1 doesn't give any odds except for an open ended straight flush draw.

This might not be the right play in every hand but it's optimal play in freerolls/ micro stakes.

Thank me later.

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#12)
Is there only me that thinks it strange that BOTH Villains have the TEN of CLUBS in their Hole Cards ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com