Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQ iso raising loose player

Old
AQ iso raising loose player - Thu Jun 27, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

I was just value betting a loose player but was wondering do you think with the ace being a scare card i could check the ace or atleast bet smaller i guess some loose passives have a fold button.

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Imo, loose passives will call big cards on flop, (AJ for example), and if he hits the ace you will get his whole stack.

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 01:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi mike,

You don't say if he's loose passive or loose aggressive, but either way betting is probably best. Your sizing is huge though considering the ace is most likely to be scary to him. You might want to size it smallish, like .45c, to entice him to come along with just a Q, or if he's aggressive then this sizing leaves the illusion of fold equity for him to maybe make a move thinking you don't like the ace.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#4)
Cheers Dave, Thats a nice line for the lags il try that line out i dont see them often though at 2nl.He was super passive btw i expected him to call because ive stacked him a few times maybe hes learnt to fold my bets lol.

Normally they wont fold a top pair on the flop even when the scare card hits which was why i went for 75c , i do these size bets quite often im surprised my red line isnt sky high because i make to many people fold my good hands.

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Normally they wont fold a top pair on the flop even when the scare card hits which was why i went for 75c , i do these size bets quite often im surprised my red line isnt sky high because i make to many people fold my good hands.
Keep in mind you don't need to get .75c on the turn though, if he falls into this category make him the offer he can't refuse with the smaller bet, then you've set up potentially getting stacks on the river with 2.03 in the pot and only .96c behind, if you shove he'll have to call 1 into 3 basically, another offer that's really hard to refuse.

Even if for some reason you decided not to shove the river but just bet another .45c, that sequence is more likely to get called than the .75c turn bet and gets you more money (.90c) as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#6)
Yh makes sense i didnt think of it like that i guess he would still feel committed with that smaller bet, cheers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com