Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

FR: I shove UTG-1 T9o 13bb– Correct?

Old
FR: I shove UTG-1 T9o 13bb– Correct? - Fri Jun 28, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villains: 38/0, 56/20, 27/9 – so really happy to call

My image: tight (most of them, probably did not notice)

Players left 2k (out of 15k) - I have around 13bb – Only top 50 gets a price. Average stack probably was like a 7k.

Why I decided to shove:
1. It was a limp happy table with some small size raising. To be first to raise was a rare opportunity.
2. My image (if someone noted) was tight.
3. Very loose players around me were really big stack, so I wanted to shove with some credible stack.

Last edited by braveslice; Fri Jun 28, 2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I would shove too with 5m the worst thing to do losing fold equity. after next bb it will happen and even AA won't help to my position in tourney.

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
I would shove too with 5m the worst thing to do losing fold equity. after next bb it will happen and even AA won't help to my position in tourney.
Loose table = loose calls and every opponent after us has us covered. I'd rather push any Ax or PP in this spot or be suited at worst. BTW suited only improves our hand by about 3% but I think it matters in spots like this.

I'm folding.

Old
Sat Jun 29, 2013, 04:03 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Loose table = loose calls and every opponent after us has us covered. I'd rather push any Ax or PP in this spot or be suited at worst. BTW suited only improves our hand by about 3% but I think it matters in spots like this.

I'm folding.
And position is CO not UTG-1
And whats the plan after folding? I never mind if I'm busted so short stacked

Last edited by Shichi-77; Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 05:56 AM..

Old
reply - Sat Jun 29, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#5)
With what you have said i feel this is a fold, with the stats you gave we are likely to get called by 2 villians alot of the time. 9T is not the worst hand but i see alot of hands that have us dominated calling from these players AT and others similar. Also we are likely to have to avoid overcards, so i would most probably give it another round possibly 2 and see if i can pick up a hand because if we do we are likely to get paid , so why give them the chance to knock us out when i think if we wait we could end up sitting pretty. ! !

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 29, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
And position is CO not UTG-1
And whats the plan after folding? I never mind if I'm busted so short stacked
I never mentioned position?

We still have a bit of play in our stack, we're not on the drip yet. I'd wait on a better spot but each to his own.

Old
Sat Jun 29, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
This is an fold for me and it's all that close.

If villains are loose callers, then you want a bigger hand, so that you're getting it in good most of the time. When it comes to shoving, T9 is just about in my top 34% of hands, which means I'm likely to get dealt something stronger on the next hand about a third of the time.

If villains were unknown, then I look at my push chart for this situation. For a 13bb open-shove in the cutoff, my shoving range is 17% of hands, a range that looks like: 22+ A5s+ K9s+ Q9s+ J9s+ T9s 98s AT+ KJ+.

Notice that T9s is in that range, but T9o is not. I'd usually only open jam T9o if this was SB vs BB, or I was on the button with only 7 or 8bb.

As Oval and others have said, wait for a better spot.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com