Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

FT 10c 360s Turbo KJs in CO after open from UTG

Old
FT 10c 360s Turbo KJs in CO after open from UTG - Sat Jun 29, 2013, 09:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.1 Tournament, 2,500/5,000 Blinds 500 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (t41,104)
SB (t87,787)
BB (t62,844)
UTG (t43,426)
MP1 (t106,061)
MP2 (t69,546)
Hero (CO) (t129,232)

Hero's M: 11.75

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, K
UTG bets t10,000, 2 folds,

HERO???

NOTE : UTG is quite a spewy player, and has been involved in more hands than not. I'm folding here all day long, just wondering if it's the actual +EV Play ?

For the curious ones amongst you :

Click to show hidden text

Old
Sun Jun 30, 2013, 03:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
I dont know about the +ev, but like you I'm folding with 3 left to act no matter how spewy villain is

just realised its the FT!

prehaps the fact that there is $21000 in pot, its the FT and your chip leader means you need to be uber agressive

Old
Mon Jul 01, 2013, 07:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi davidfranses,

It first I misread your post and thought you were never folding. I was starring at the hand trying to figure out why you would never fold.

I agree with you. I would just fold in this spot. Folding is not normally +EV, but it may well be the least -EV move. Folding you lose your ante. Calling or isolating you could lose alot more.

I wouldn't want to get 12 or 16BB in vs the SB or BB here so I don't think you can 3bet really. Only thing I can see you doing is flat calling and then we'd need to be careful of a squeeze.

I think folding is fine in this spot. Followed by calling and hoping to get headsup vs the spewy guy with position.

Well done on the deep run.
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Agree with Andy here and just want to add that you cannot discount the game you're playing here...a .10 360 Turbo.

For the most part your opposition,even the players on this FT,are going to be inexperienced and just plain bad players. You have the chip lead. Yes,it's true that in this structure one is very rarely,if ever,playing with a deep stack and as seen here the depth of chips/money is virtually non-existent. In reality the player UTG should 100% be shoving here and the fact that they're not is usually a red flag that they hold a huge hand and want action. A really transparent play actually. I peeked here and saw they actually had K10s,but as a rule if you see this move it's going to be AA or KK a lot of the time.

Since we are up against mostly,if not all,inexperienced and just plain bad players we want to make THEM try to beat US. Getting involved with a dodgy hand like KJs,especially with players left to act,is opening the door for them. Don't. Play at them when you know you have the advantage and you'll be amazed at how often they'll just hand their chips over.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com