(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
In Spacegravys hand chart for early stages he recommends opening

Early position 99-AA and AJs - AK
Limp 22-88

middle position Raise 66-AA ATs -AK
Limp 22-55

Late position Raise 22-AA A9s-AK

Well does anyone know what off suit hands he is including?

Im sure he dont mean open AJo as well UTG or does he?

Also what does everyone think of limping 22-88 UTG in the 1st stages. I dont mind trying out limping these hands if he says so in mtts and stts only but i dont want to be popping up on semi decent players fish radar and have them isolating me with all sorts of trash.

Last edited by mike2198; Sun Jun 30, 2013 at 07:04 AM..

Old
Sun Jun 30, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#2)
Just finished watching spacygravys vids and he dont say open anything like KQs and less un till your 10bb or less.Is that abit to tight?

Surely its +Ev to open KQ late position when players are calling with trash and when they are nits, im just looking for a range to go off and then il change it as i get more comfortable with my game.

Old
Sun Jun 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
ATs - AK would include AJo and AQo. In general you can go one rank lower when your cards are suited.

It is a good thing that you are starting to consider how other players could take advantage of your style of play. These charts are for beginning players. As you improve your game you will find that they are a guide rather than an iron clad rule. In micro stakes the vast majority of players are unlikely to pick up on this so it is not a big worry.

Good luck
Dpug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 30, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#4)
I guess your opening a wider range then, im pretty confident with what hands im opening in cash which is way looser than this hand chart but i think folding KQs UTG is abit to tight imo especially if you think you have an advantage on the players at the table.

I think my postflop play is good and im aware of what people are gonna be calling and raising with pre and even my hand reading is pretty decent now so i think i can definitely open wider than that i just dont want to be opening to wide and spewing chips all over the table.

I think il just mix it up abit for now incase i think someone was capable of reading me and i dont want to have nitty stats either because they never get payed so i think i got an idea of my hand range to start off with.i would prefer something to look at though and then make my own decision on it, il just keep looking.

cheers

Old
Sun Jun 30, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#5)
That is just a basic idea of a preflop hand selection, it's not arbitrary so you can include your own hands and strategy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com