Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bank roller promotion, :)

Old
bank roller promotion, :) - Tue Jul 02, 2013, 05:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
i wana do the promotion thing,

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 05:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekon07 View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hey :) - Thu Jul 04, 2013, 04:17 AM
(#4)
hi raiser how are you, i have gone threw the vid's and hav a hand i want 2 ask a question about, but i when i search hand replayers on the site as it shows in the clip i cant get it 2 come up,

the hand i wanted 2 ask your about is

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tekon07 [Js Jc]
tekon07: calls 10
Darkside 5x2: calls 10
Harold&Jane: calls 10
MacSing: calls 10
crazyccp: calls 5
carlosmira1: checks
*** FLOP *** [7d 5c 3s]
crazyccp: checks
carlosmira1: checks
tekon07: bets 200
Darkside 5x2: folds
Harold&Jane: folds
MacSing: folds
crazyccp: folds
carlosmira1: folds
Uncalled bet (200) returned to tekon07
tekon07 collected 57 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 3
Board [7d 5c 3s]
Seat 1: Harold&Jane folded on the Flop
Seat 2: MacSing (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: crazyccp (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: carlosmira1 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: tekon07 collected (57)
Seat 6: Darkside 5x2 folded on the Flop

my question is, everybody seems 2 think having 2 Jacks or any high card is a very very good hand 2 start with, but i find its very rare that the 3rd jack actually will come out for you. so how would you go about betting? normaly ill bet before the flop but if i dont get the Jack in the first 3 card i fold, because other wise u only got a pair and normaly loose, just wondering what your thoughts are on that. thanks you very much,

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 04:20 AM
(#5)
this might not be the best example of it because they all folded, but its the main thing i dont understand if you have pocket anything, why there so good when i dont think u get the card u need very often, i only raised 200 in this case hoping they would all fold, and i thought i still had the best pair, but if a queen or higher came out next and some1 placed a bet i would of folded.

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 06:19 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi there,

Here is a link to the Hand Replayer - HAND REPLAYER

And here is a link to some instructions on how to use it - Hand Replayer INSTRUCTIONS

The first step here is that we need to to learn how to use this tool as it will be required again later on in the promotion.

Have a go again at posting your hand using the Hand Replayer and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#7)
there is no blue cross on my hand replayer to add a new hand, like there is on the instructions and on the u-tube vid :S

and i made sure i was logged in, had my name and a folder but no blue cross 2 add hands

i think this mite b a bit 2 hard for me maybe im not very good on computers just play games.

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#8)
how long dose it take most people to do this hole promotion n get the bonus at the end?? just wonderin

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
there is no blue cross on my hand replayer to add a new hand, like there is on the instructions and on the u-tube vid :S

and i made sure i was logged in, had my name and a folder but no blue cross 2 add hands

i think this mite b a bit 2 hard for me maybe im not very good on computers just play games.
I think you just need to ZOOM out on your screen, once you do that you'll see the blue cross

Press 'Ctrl' and '-' together a couple of times

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 11:29 PM
(#10)
hey raiser i figured it out thanks alot for all your help!!

i still have the test to do, i tried it once but its harder then i thought so need 2 read a bit more before i try again.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:12 AM
(#11)
these poker lessons are very very helpfull,i thought i was ok at poker lol... there so many things i didnt know :P:P

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:36 AM
(#12)

what do you think about this hand mate, i ended up losing it but do you think i made the right decision going for it in the last min of a 15min tourney??

i think i did make the right decision and was just unlucky, i think i had the second strongest starting pair behind the KK, just wondering bout your thoughts

Last edited by tekon07; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 04:43 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#14)
thanks mate,

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi tekon07!

With K9s, I get a shove in front of me. This is nowhere near a strong enough hand to be calling a shove with, especially at the end of a timed tourney. I would call with KK and maybe AK, but I'm only calling with AK if the player is a known maniac. The only hands that I would call this with are QQ, KK, AA and possibly AK.. everything else is too weak and are hands that I need to fold.

Also, with the 4 in this pot, K9s was NOT the second best hand. Any pair is ahead of any unmade hand, so 33 was ahead of you too.

I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I can very easily be behind. This is how to gain chips long-term... the goal in poker.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:01 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Great!

Now let me know as soon as you passed the Poker Basic course and I'll get your 1st bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 05:21 AM
(#17)
hey mate it wasnt easy and took me a few attempts but i have now passed the quiz

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hey mate it wasnt easy and took me a few attempts but i have now passed the quiz
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com