25NL - River decision with 2pair - Tue Jul 02, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Villain 17/15/13 (216)
UTG PFR 14%
Fold to 3bet 100%(4)

BB is a nit

I decided to defend my SB with AQs
Easy c/c OTF; and was consider a c/r OTR but villain checks back; I lead river for value and we get raised. Are we ever good here? Is this a backdoor flush spot?

Would you call considering his Agg of 13.0?

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 07:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Ok so here is 14% of hands

22+,ATs+,KJs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+

Which of these need to bluff raise the river? Well I suppose 33-88 does and TT/JJ might realize they do. KJ/KJs/JTs all might need to bluff, but some of those have clubs. The thing is, when the ace is not on the board, the potential flush combinations go way up. So what about these 14% of hands.

33+,A2s+,KJs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KQo

boy we are in tough against that range, because all AXcc combinations that I can see outside of AKcc have issues betting the turn. They either chop with another ace or could be in trouble against AQ/AK. So that's A3cc A4cc A5cc A6cc A7cc A8cc Atcc and AJcc. That's a lot of flushes.

I would fold here because even with AF = 13, why didn't he use that AF on the turn? Is this a board or situation that a lot of people feel compelled to bluff in? I think there is probably a reason he didn't bet the turn and that's because he didn't see a bluff being profitable or he didn't have a bluffing hand. And I don't think he has one now either so I would fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com