Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

$50 to $1k in 6 months - NL HE challenge

Old
$50 to $1k in 6 months - NL HE challenge - Tue Jul 02, 2013, 05:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hi everyone

I started with the bankroll builder promotion, after a super tilt session, I was abble to built my roll from $2 to $50 which was my first challenge.

Now I will try to go from $50 to $1k in 6 months. I will be playing cash 2nl, and hu hyper sng's 1.5$, and will move up when my bankroll alows me to.

I will try to post at least 1 hand every day

I wish this post keeps me motivated

Sorry my bad english, it's not my native lang

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 05:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Good luck with this challenge!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 05:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Hey!

That's exactly how I started 6 months ago! Gonna be interesting to follow your progress.
From my experience I can tell you that this goal is more than achievable. Just focus on improving your game rather than earning more money, do not get distracted by variance and you will surely get there

GL GL

Old
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#4)
Great first day, cg went good, and hu even better
Lost all satalites to micromillions

DAY 1 - 50$
DAY 2 - 64.77$

http://www.boomplayer.com/pt/poker-h...155_8DC3466359

http://www.boomplayer.com/pt/poker-h...910_2E76ABBC38

http://www.boomplayer.com/pt/poker-h...974_B52E1B77C3

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#5)
I think you played the hands very well

Just a few suggestions for the future though:

Hand 3:
I think a raise right OTF is better than waiting for the turn to pull the trigger.
A) People always pay turn raises a lot more respect and they carry a lot more fold equity even at 2NL. As you can see in this hand even though the villain rivered top set coolering all your lower set and 2 pair hands he still did not put all the money in. That's how you froze him with your turn raise.
B) Its HU so your raises should get less respect in general
C) Its 2NL so people will call you down much lighter
D) You build the pot early and extract more value.
Say you raise him 3.5x OTF and follow up with a decent sized bet OTT (anything he is calling your turn raise with is calling this line as well). You now have about $1.80 in the pot and 1 street still left to extract more value. You have the effective nuts all the way through so no reason to get scared. OTR you might even get away with a shove which would earn you an additional buy in. Alternatively you could go for a regular value bet and still win a decent $4.40 pot. See how the raise OTF compounds on itself? That's why you need to start building the pot early!

Hand 2:
Do not be afraid to make it more preflop or cbet bigger after hitting your set with the kings. Pre both of them are still calling with a wide range and postflop he is never folding a FD or an ace so just bet big and take him to value town.

Hope you find this helpful . GL

Tommy

Last edited by TommyGun369; Wed Jul 03, 2013 at 08:11 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#6)
I won't be posting more hands, can't instal flash player in this computer because I'm not admin

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#7)
try this:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/replayer/

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com