5nl zoom, Flop push - mistake or not?

Old
Question
5nl zoom, Flop push - mistake or not? - Wed Jul 03, 2013, 05:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
22 hands on SB - 32/14 wtsd 20
but I didn't really look at the stats

I figured CO had QQ+ maybe not AA because of the big flop bet. So I had flush draw + GS + 3 outs to an ace if he has QQ-KK. SB was short, he could have called with TT-JJ anyway so thats a good price for me.
This was my train of thought, tell me if I'm wrong and where.

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'd probably be doing the same thing to be honest. Even if you out him on a set, you have so many outs on the flop, with the straight and flush draws. He can have overpairs, so many overpairs.

I just think you are getting it in with so much equity in the hand here the vast majority of the time that it is the right thing to do.

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#3)
I agree with bhoylegend here. Getting it in here 3 way with so many outs versus these villains ranges will definitely be EV+. It will be highly unlikely villains ever have a set here, you could probably run into 66 making the higher straight but that's also unlikely, those hands shouldn't be continuing in a 4 bet pot preflop at these stack sizes.

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Rated View Post
those hands shouldn't be continuing in a 4 bet pot preflop at these stack sizes.
shouldn't but this is 5nl

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I like the 3-bet pre. The small blind usually has a medium pocket pair when he cold-calls the 3-bet. For the CO to 4-bet, you're generally looking at a big pair or another AK. Calling is OK, as you're suited and in position. The overbet on the flop continues to rep a big pair. I wouldn't rule out AA at all, so I think you only have the gutshot and flush outs to be sure. Nevertheless, against a range of QQ+, you have 54% equity on this flop, so getting it in is fine. With so much dead money in the pot, you could make this play with 45% equity or something like that. I doubt you have any fold equity, so it's a basically a big flip. Half the time you'll be good, and half the time you won't. (If villain also has AK in his flop stack off range, then you're freerolling some of the time, and zoom up to 60% equity).

The small blind's call is very weird. Is he the one that showed up with a set?
If these villains are bad enough to play bloated 4-bet pots with small pairs that got lucky this time, they will soon be busto, because they didn't have the right odds to go set-mining and will be leaking chips every other time they try doing it.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 03:27 AM
(#6)
Spoiler
Click to show hidden text

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praydk View Post
CO had KK, SB had 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
The small blind usually has a medium pocket pair when he cold-calls the 3-bet. For the CO to 4-bet, you're generally looking at a big pair
88 is a medium pair [x]
KK is a big pair [x]

It's nice to get my ranges right.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com