Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Wed Jul 03, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
I recently joined PSO, I have completed the basics course, STT and MTT courses and I haven't made any real money deposits to pokerstars, am I eligible for the PSO bankroll builder promotion?

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanh100 View Post
I recently joined PSO, I have completed the basics course, STT and MTT courses and I haven't made any real money deposits to pokerstars, am I eligible for the PSO bankroll builder promotion?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi dylanh100,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
dylanh100 bankroll builder hand replay - Wed Jul 03, 2013, 05:16 PM
(#4)

At the time I wasn't sure if I made the correct decision at the turn card. My opponent makes a big re-raise, I had a feeling they had a better hand than me but my hand had potential to become much stronger. Was calling to their raise the correct decision in this case?

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#5)
Just to let you know that I have completed all 3 steps that I was asked to do.

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 07:04 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Just to let you know that I have completed all 3 steps that I was asked to do.
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 07:41 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

At the time I wasn't sure if I made the correct decision at the turn card. My opponent makes a big re-raise, I had a feeling they had a better hand than me but my hand had potential to become much stronger. Was calling to their raise the correct decision in this case?
Hi dylanh100!

There are two main points with this hand. Firstly, is just not strong enough to play preflop. I strongly recommend folding in this spot. Your hand is suited, but not drawing to the A high flush. Your cards are not connected from straight possibilities and if you flop a pair, you run a very real risk of losing to a villain with a better kicker. Hands like this have little post flop potential and are very difficult to play profitably.

As played, you make a straight on the turn with a flush draw. Notice the board is coordinated and that you have the low end straight. With so many opponents, we can be fairly confident that anyone raising us has a better straight than ours. Any time you have the low end of a straight we need to be very careful.

The villain raised so large that you do not have the correct odds to call. Our straight is most likely second best and there are only 9 outs to a flush. You could have called a small raise of 30 or less but not a large one of 106. Also, note that you are not drawing to the nut flush since you don't have the A. This is a second element that should help us decide to fold.

GL with your bankroll builder and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
$0.01/$0.02 ring game hand replay - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#9)

The villain calls a pre flop raise and now they are first to bet on the flop. My reckoning was that they were on a flush draw. I call because I think I still have the best hand. They don't continue betting on the turn or river which suggests that they had missed their draw.

Old
Bet sizing video question - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 02:51 PM
(#10)
Three reasons why a player may make a big bet is that they want to gain value from their strong hands, they want to bluff others off decent hands or they want to put pressure on opponents.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 03:03 PM
(#11)
I have completed the next 3 tasks that I was asked to do.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 07:57 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi dylanh100! I'll take a look at the hand in post #9.

AK is strong enough to play in early-middle position, so coming for a raise is correct, but you only minraised to 4c. A standard size for a raise is three times the size of the bet, so 3bb or 6c would be better. This size starts building a pot if you have the best hand, and makes it less likely that you will get multiple callers, which should be your aim with most hands, because you stand more chance of winning if you're heads up, not multiway. As played, your minraise is called by 3 players, two of whom have position on you, which makes things tricky if you miss the flop. The flop comes T42, which is a flop most hands miss. There's a flush draw, but no good straight draws. If you were heads up, I'd recommend making a continuation bet of about half pot. Multiway, your bet (which would be a bluff) is more likely to be called, so I think checking is best. You check, and the player in position makes quite a large bet of 12c into 17c. Although it's possible he's semi-bluffing with a draw, he could also have top pair or a medium pocket pair. Against made hands, you have a maximum of 6 outs. Against a hand like AT, you're in bad shape, as only your king has outs. Since you are unlikely to improve on the turn, and it could complete a flush, I'd just fold to this bet. It's not a good idea to call bets of more than half pot if all you have is overcards, as you don't have the right odds. Calling bets without the benefit of position is hard, so I'd just give up here, having only lost 4c. You call, and on the jack turn you check and villain also checks. He could still have a flush draw, but Tx is also in his range. You see the river and it's basically a blank. You decided to bet here, but there's no real purpose to this bet. If villain has a missed draw, then you've got the best hand, so can check and go to showdown. By betting, you'll only get called by hands that beat you.
Always have a reason to bet. Primarily, you'll bet for value, because you think worse hands will call. Sometimes you'll bet as a bluff, because better hands might fold. If you can't get called by worse hands, or make better hands fold, like in this situation, then don't make the bet! You won't get villain to fold a pair here, so just check it down, as your ace king high is probably good.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 07:59 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 12:22 AM
(#13)
Hi dylanh100,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com