Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL - Q high flush on a 4 to a flush board

Old
25NL - Q high flush on a 4 to a flush board - Wed Jul 03, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Villain unknown

I think I should have gone for a turn raise to get value from Ad or Axd, you agree? I guess raise turn and fold to a shove?

As played, I think the river is a clear fold right?

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
Hey,

Normally I would not mind playing it your way at all. If you wait until river and no other diamond came (which happens more than 80% of the time i believe) you could raise/bet then which might make the villain put you on a few more missed hands and obviously if he is folding you got another bet out of him.

Since you are facing an utg range, turn raise would be better imo because there are a lot more Ad and Kd in his range which he might call a turn raise with (obviously never folding a set, maybe not even a big ace without a diamond). You are getting value and protection and if a diamond hits he might not donk bet into you so you earn yourself a free showdown.

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Geo

I think if we ever raise the turn it should be to not fold. So against a lot of opponents I like raising the turn to get value from Strong AdXo hands, sets, two pair, and even a couple lower flushes. Note that we block a ton of villain's flush combos that they are likely to hold from UTG. Including JTdd QJdd KQdd, AQdd ATdd. Honestly I am not wild about calling this hand preflop versus an UTG open. I think without reads you don't have a good justification for making this call and that is your main mistake in this hand.

On the river we should probably fold. It would be nice to have some sort of stats on villain's aggression factor numbers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com