Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Bad re-shove with 22?

Old
Bad re-shove with 22? - Wed Jul 03, 2013, 06:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I got moved to this table about 20 hands before this came up. Because of the fairly deep stacks here people were quite active. Many hands went 2 or more ways to the flop.

This hand was the first descent hand I got at the table and the next blind level was about to hit 1 or 2 hands after this one.

No real stats or reads on the opponent, except that he played a few hands and showed down J 10 off played from mid position. Giving me the idea people were playing wider because of the deep stacks.

I think this shove might have been a mistake and close at best. Any thoughts?

Last edited by MadMike261; Wed Jul 03, 2013 at 06:34 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 08:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey MadMike261

I think this is a mistake but I do think it's relatively close.

If villain 6 was to open and we had 12+ big blinds then I think it would be a great spot to jam it in, but when we jam 10 big blinds into a big stack that is raising from UTG we barely have any fold equity and we are getting called way too often for my liking and with 2's we are flipping at best and I think a lot of the time we will be an 80% dog versus an overpair.

Cheers Mike, Chris.

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 12:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree with Chris and don't like shoving here either. If I was against ONE loose opp, then I'd consider it, but not knowing if I will be in a HU pot, I don't want to have to fade 4 or 6 overcards for my tourney life. I'd hope that by being patient, I could find a better spot in a HU pot.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 03:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Thanks for confirming my initial thought of it being a mistake.

Ended up flipping and losing to 98s

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com