Old
25NL - AK facing 4bet 133bb effective stack - Thu Jul 04, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
CO 11/11 (20)

BB 20/17/8 (160)
3bet 6% (49)
Squeeze 17% (6)

What's your plan with AKo OOP with 133bb stack?

In game, I missed on the BB stats and I totally disregarded my stack size!

I 3bet here and we got 4bet. Now what?!
(To avoid making two mistakes - well three in this case, I just folded to the 4bet)

I think I should have flatted, and if the BB squeezes and CO folds we could go for a 4bet?

What do you think?

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 09:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
I would personally take a call here and just give up if you don't flop something.
Don't go mental though if you do hit. QQ+ and AK is what you are up against mostly and they could have hit their set.

Alternatively you could 5-bet and call a shove. Against an unknown like this I would prefer calling the 4 bet though, or just folding isn't a big mistake probably.

As for the situation where we call and the BB squeezes, I would happily 5-bet and call a shove.
Provided the CO folded. If the CO calls or 5-bets / shoves I am probably just folding.

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 09:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
We don't really have enough hands against the CO to know what is going to be best. There are some players we should have just flatted against to avoid three-bet/folding and there are some players we should five-bet/call to induce. Here I think our best option is to call, which is going to be a bit better than folding.

I think starting with a flat call here wouldn't be the worst option preflop but three-betting is hard to believe as a mistake. You don't have to play totally fit or fold postflop either.

What we know though is that over 20 hands villain is 11/11 so we definitely don't want to stack off preflop here with this hand in these positions.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com