Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Premier League 88

Old
Premier League 88 - Thu Jul 04, 2013, 09:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi,
Didn't bet OTT , because I would have to fold on his raise. was it right decision?
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
Hi Shichi,
I dont mind your check back OTR early in tourn, good to not risk your stack early in tourn,
That said Im sure V is not holding 7,9 or 7,5 (depending on reads)
If he has trips he's prob going to raise on flop or turn rather than call and even if slow playing would bet the river rather than risk it being checked down,
so if you bet the river and he raised you I think you have to call with AK,

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Not sure how fishg-heavy the PSO Premier is , but if it's anything like any other micro-stakes MTT / Freeroll, I raise more than 3x Preflop so early in the tourney. That being said, PF is perfect.

With villain's check OTF, there's absolutly nothing you're scared of (unless he's trapping you with a flopped set, and check-raising, giving you an easy out,although a tough fold. This is entirely dependent on reads though).

Villain probably is never slow-playing a flopped set, since you've been the agressor preflop. At best you /might/ be scared of a broadway draw. You're actually hoping villain has connected with this flop here, so you can go valuetown on him.

For all the reasons descrobed above, cbet for more than 45% of the pot. I'm clicking 66% at the very leats here (170 chips), more inclined to 220 (85%) though. Your best valuein tourneys comes from being able to play those monsters, and hitting massive pots against somewhat lesser skilled players when the blinds are low.

With the villains flat, I rule out any kind of set here, or the overpair (AA - which was unlikely in the first place anyway since you didn't get 3bet preflop). He most probably has hit some piece of the flop (a draw, TPHK, MPHK, ...) ; hoever you've hit bigger

The turn is a blank, with a check, thats good for you, go to town here, as played the pot is now 500 (instead of 700). We're in the exact same situation as OTF, no way on earth villain has just made a straight. Also, he never continues 66 OTF, so you're definatly ahead. 85% again here ( instead of 48...)

River is a blank again (pot is 980 instead of 1350), he didn't try to bluff you, he checks. I bet here /all day long/ ; and reraise-jam any checkraise.

All in all , with the showdown, we have just confirmed our entire line of thought, villain did hit a piece of the flop, we hit it better. If vilain had played KT / K8 pre, you just suck it up, and reload another tourney ( altough it's the PSO with the leaderboards and all, there's no reason to not believe you're /very/ strong here) .

You've played well, but missed some value (at the very least 370 chips, if villain had it in him to fold your bet OTR)

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 07:29 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Shichi-77!

With AK from the hijack, I'm going to make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (120 chips).

I see a flop HU where I hit top pair IN position. When the opp checkst to me, I will make my standard c-bet for a HU pot of 1/2 pot (130).

The turn is a blank for me, but does bring a flush draw (and more straight draws). When the opp checks to me, I will once again make my standard value bet for a HU pot of 1/2 pot (250).

The river is another blank and the opp checks again. The only way I'd check here is IF the opp is known to bomb a river as a bluff. Without this one specific read, I'm going to once again make my standard value bet for a HU pot of 1/2 pot (490).

The keys in this are the bet sizes.. standard sizes keep the opps guessing as to the cards that I'm holding. Betting more or less turns a player's cards face-up to an observant opponent.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. To David... you can't just jam in league games. The goal is points for the end of the month leaderboard, so they cannot be played like a standard tournament. There is a HUGE penalty for an early exit in them and those lost points can cost a large amount of cash at the end of the month. These games are about survival for points and nothing else. The risk of negative points will never be worth ANY amount of tourney chips.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 01:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfranses View Post
Not sure how fishg-heavy the PSO Premier is , but if it's anything like any other micro-stakes MTT / Freeroll, I raise more than 3x Preflop so early in the tourney. That being said, PF is perfect.

With villain's check OTF, there's absolutly nothing you're scared of (unless he's trapping you with a flopped set, and check-raising, giving you an easy out,although a tough fold. This is entirely dependent on reads though).

Villain probably is never slow-playing a flopped set, since you've been the agressor preflop. At best you /might/ be scared of a broadway draw. You're actually hoping villain has connected with this flop here, so you can go valuetown on him.

For all the reasons descrobed above, cbet for more than 45% of the pot. I'm clicking 66% at the very leats here (170 chips), more inclined to 220 (85%) though. Your best valuein tourneys comes from being able to play those monsters, and hitting massive pots against somewhat lesser skilled players when the blinds are low.

With the villains flat, I rule out any kind of set here, or the overpair (AA - which was unlikely in the first place anyway since you didn't get 3bet preflop). He most probably has hit some piece of the flop (a draw, TPHK, MPHK, ...) ; hoever you've hit bigger

The turn is a blank, with a check, thats good for you, go to town here, as played the pot is now 500 (instead of 700). We're in the exact same situation as OTF, no way on earth villain has just made a straight. Also, he never continues 66 OTF, so you're definatly ahead. 85% again here ( instead of 48...)

River is a blank again (pot is 980 instead of 1350), he didn't try to bluff you, he checks. I bet here /all day long/ ; and reraise-jam any checkraise.

All in all , with the showdown, we have just confirmed our entire line of thought, villain did hit a piece of the flop, we hit it better. If vilain had played KT / K8 pre, you just suck it up, and reload another tourney ( altough it's the PSO with the leaderboards and all, there's no reason to not believe you're /very/ strong here) .

You've played well, but missed some value (at the very least 370 chips, if villain had it in him to fold your bet OTR)
There are some fishy players but not much . I just couldn't think that KJ or KQ would pay on two streets on this blind levels. It's early and I don't have much info about players . Of course I made a note on villain.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com