Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Premier League AQ

Old
Premier League AQ - Thu Jul 04, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi,
Is there any mistakes ?
It's seems I'm show down oriented sometimes

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
your only other option was to shove pre,
play fine with me just unlucky

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
maybe is mistake opening AQ from UTG+1 in league game? if not of course just a cooler

Old
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 07:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Shichi-77!

With AQ from UTG+1, I'm going to make a standard open to 2.5BB (500 chips), which is my standard open for this blind level.

I flop top set and I absolutely need to make a value bet here. With one opp in the hand, I will make a c-bet of 1/2 pot (740 chips). I need to lead out here because if the opp has spades and they outdraw me due to a check, then it's my own fault that I lose the hand. Obviously, if the opp raises, I'm calling.

Playing AQ here is fine, however, the check on the flop is NOT a play that I want to make. When I hit my hand, I want to be value betting, not checking and possibly giving the opp a +EV play to outdraw me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com