New 'My Stats' Feature

Old
New 'My Stats' Feature - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Hello,

PokerSchoolOnline would like to introduce to you a new feature at the school called 'My Stats'. We hope that this useful tool will become your guide to both tracking and improving your poker game as you play in the Open or Premier Skill League games.

'My Stats' can be broken down into three main areas: Achievements, Stats, and Styles. Here's a brief explanation of each:

Achievements:
Use this to find out how well you are doing in any particular month or over the course of your entire Skill League career. For example, you will be able to see how many hands you have played, how many you have won, and even how often you have finished in the money.

Stats:
In this section you will be able to break down your game and analyse it even further. Also you will be able to compare your personal stats with the current league average. Being aware of your stats and how other players perceive you is key to playing better poker.

Style:
Some might say that success in the leagues requires a certain style of play however one of the fundamental ingredients for winning poker is an ability to adapt your playing style to suit the changing conditions at any MTT table. If you see something that isn't working then perhaps try a different style. Indeed you can always use these stats and the league games as a practice ground for improving your game.

Just to let you know that we are initially introducing this new feature to the school in a test phase and we really want to hear your opinions and feedback about this tool both good or bad. Try it out and let us know what you think about it here in this thread.

Team PokerSchoolOnline.

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 11:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Cool feature, now you can find something else to blame when busted out from a pso league.
And btw I think I have the smallest vpip in the pso universe (10.86%)

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2012
That's some awesomeness right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
Cool feature, now you can find something else to blame when busted out from a pso league.
And btw I think I have the smallest vpip in the pso universe (10.86%)
Nope. 8.33% over 2 hands.
Doesn't make a lick of sense, but that's what it says. :P

Edit: Silly me, the sample isn't 2 hands, it's 2 hands VPIP. Makes sense then.

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by butchsd; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
I think I win the battle of the nits. Last month in the Premier, I was permanently short-stacked and was generally clinging on like a barnacle, in order to not lose too many points. My VPIP was 7%. It's no surprise that I didn't make any final tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2011
Got a little scared there for a moment with the idea those stats would be visible to any other players. I like the modification to the PSO interface.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
Hello,

PokerSchoolOnline would like to introduce to you a new feature at the school called 'My Stats'. We hope that this useful tool will become your guide to both tracking and improving your poker game as you play in the Open or Premier Skill League games.

'My Stats' can be broken down into three main areas: Achievements, Stats, and Styles. Here's a brief explanation of each:

Achievements:
Use this to find out how well you are doing in any particular month or over the course of your entire Skill League career. For example, you will be able to see how many hands you have played, how many you have won, and even how often you have finished in the money.

Stats:
In this section you will be able to break down your game and analyse it even further. Also you will be able to compare your personal stats with the current league average. Being aware of your stats and how other players perceive you is key to playing better poker.

Style:
Some might say that success in the leagues requires a certain style of play however one of the fundamental ingredients for winning poker is an ability to adapt your playing style to suit the changing conditions at any MTT table. If you see something that isn't working then perhaps try a different style. Indeed you can always use these stats and the league games as a practice ground for improving your game.

Just to let you know that we are initially introducing this new feature to the school in a test phase and we really want to hear your opinions and feedback about this tool both good or bad. Try it out and let us know what you think about it here in this thread.

Team PokerSchoolOnline.
so this feature is only usefull if you play in the skills league right?

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Yes ronh, this tool only gives your stats for the Open and Premier Skill Leagues.

I didn't play any leagues last month but will be playing the Open this month to try it out, looks good so far.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:17 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
What sort of stats are included? I'm hoping a bit more than just the normal stats that you get in the lobby of the game.

Don't know whether this is a good or bad thing. Good that it can give really good advice to the newb in improving their game - bad in that any info is not optimal strategy for the PSO games.

I'm in the Premier League this month (thinly veiled brag ) so have enabled this feature and will give my stats at the end of the month.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:22 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mendes 20 View Post
Got a little scared there for a moment with the idea those stats would be visible to any other players. I like the modification to the PSO interface.
That's right Mr. Mendes, only you can see them and no one else will know what your stats are unless you decide to tell them.

There's a few Terms & Conditions Section 12 about the new stats feature that's good to know as follows:

'By participating in our PokerSchool Leagues you are agreeing to have your league play data aggregated with all of the other league participants to determine averages and other benchmarks for league play.

League participants will also be able to view their own personal league play statistics from their profile page. Statistics data is private and not visible to other members. Users can opt-out of this feature by indicating their preference on their profile. Once a user has opted out, all of their play data will no longer be associated with them, though it will continue to be used in aggregate.

A user may opt back in to the stats feature, but only data from that point on will be available, as all previous data will have been irrevocably anonymized within the PokerSchool system.

Statistical data recorded is subject to change but may include Hands Played, Showdowns Won, Tournaments Played, In the Money, All-ins Preflop, Final Tables, Tournaments Won, League Prize Money, % Showdown Winner, VPIP, Steals, PFR, 3bet, C-bet, Post Flop Aggression Frequency, Trickiness and Shooter Factor'.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Anybody else's screen look like this after the update? There's no link to click (visible or otherwise) to log out for me anymore.

EDIT: Oh nevermind - I clicked on the wheelie looking thingie up top and got a logout option

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:10 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
Nice new feature. Just a shame it doesn't track games or sessions outside of the league games.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
cool new feature - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#12)
Since: May 2013
its a cool new feature in pso

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2012
Nice but it would be better if you could hover over the stats and it told you exactly what each one meant.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCalamity View Post
Nice but it would be better if you could hover over the stats and it told you exactly what each one meant.
Maybe it only works in some browsers, but there are tooltips for all the stats. If you hover your cursor over the little grey question mark above and to the right of each stat, a full explanation should be given.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:07 PM
(#15)
It just says 'your score' and 'average range' as a key?

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:23 PM
(#16)
Quote:
It just says 'your score' and 'average range' as a key?
No question mark appears on mine.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#17)
Hmmm. That's strange. So you're not seeing something like this, if you move your cursor over the ? above VPIP?

That's a screengrab of my nitty stats, as viewed in Firefox.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#18)
Nope not seeing a grey question mark anywhere but I'd like to very much

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:38 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Nope not seeing a grey question mark anywhere but I'd like to very much
HANG ON.. Even though there is still no visible question mark, if I hover around that area the text as above pops up so all is good!

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 07:00 PM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com