Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

AKs Re-shove

Old
AKs Re-shove - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi please could you give me thoughts on this hand. The villians stats were 83% VPIP & 33% PFR over 6 hands. 415 players left. I glanced at his stats and made the decision to quick but I thought he was weak.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by zeebo190189; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 03:59 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi zeebo190189!

What type of tournament is this from, as my answer can be totally different based on the tourney type.

If this is a league game, it's a snap-fold and here's why. The opp in this hand, while loose makes a huge abnormal raise, as a standard raise for this blind level is to 2.5BB (3k). They bet 30k. Players that make bets like this are giving tells as to the strength of their hand and I'd expect them to show up with three hands here, QQ or KK or AA and all of those have me crushed. With an unmade hand, I need to save my chips to last longer in the tourneys in order to accumulate more league points for the end of the month leaderboard.

If this is a cash MTT, are we already ITM? If I'm near the bubble and not ITM yet, I'm going to pass here and get ITM before playing a hand against a bigger stack.

If I'm already ITM, then this becomes a closer play but from the looks of the stack sizes, I've got a better than average stack and if so, I'd really only want to be all in for this large of a number of BB's with a made hand. If the opp had made a standard raise, then I'd be happy to re-raise, but shoving 78BB on an unmade hand is something that I'm not willing to do.
I'll just call behind and see the flop. If I hit the flop, then I can continue in the hand. If I don't hit the flop, then I will muck on the flop and have a very playable stack.

The key here are the stack sizes. With a large stack, I don't want to be all-in without a made hand, especially to a larger stack.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Thanks for the quick feedback. It was in the PSO open skill league. I realise it was the wrong play and one I won't be making again I may have been on a high after stacking someone's air hand on the previous table with a set of queens.

Last edited by zeebo190189; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 04:53 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com