Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Does it exist?

Old
Does it exist? - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm looking for a program / script / ... that would track my ABI whilst playing (maybe by reading the pokersars.log ?)

Doe sit exist ?

I'm talking of a ' during session' kinda thing, not something that analyzes it afterward (PT4 / HEM / ... )

It's easy enough to do it in excel, but if there's anything out there that would reduce that amount of /stuff/ i have to do, that be great ^.^

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi davidfranses!

for tournaments 36 players and over, you can get this information from OPR (officialpokerrankings.com). It's the one that I use.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:30 PM
(#3)
Not what I'm looking for.

OPR tracks results over time, and has like a 24hr delay.

I'm looking for a counter like thing, that will immediatly change whenever i register to a game, and resets every session.

So something like this :

counter starts @ 0 ,

$10 Tourney begins, counter is now 10/1 = 10
$2 Tourney begins, counter is now azt 12/2 = 6
(...)

Touney 1539 begins , counter is at 5.63
I click "reset" , counter is at 0 again.

I want this to generate iimmediate results (as if i was using a calclator)

Last edited by davidfranses; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:33 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2012
If you're using PokerTracker 4, here's a custom stat that you can add to your reports (link).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerTracker website
Formula: Total Spent forTournament Buy-Ins in My Currency / Number off Tournaments Played. This custom stat should only be used in reports where the grouping is logical, such as by Date or in a HUD. Do not use this stat where the grouping is by Description, Buy-In, or by Tournament. Rebuys are not included in the calculation of the Average Buy-In.
If you don't use PokerTracker, Tournament Parser (link) might be what you're looking for. I have never used it my self, but it looks to do what you're looking for. In other cases, Excel's your friend.

Note: Always check any new software you plan to use against the PokerStars list of allowed software (link) to make sure you won't get in trouble for using it. (If you get redirected to the PokerStars front page, change .com to your localized equivalent.) I couldn't find Tournament Parser on this list, but that doesn't mean it won't show up there in the future.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
For software not on the list, the best thing is to send an e-mail to support@pokerstars.com and ask before using it, so that you don't get into trouble.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 09:03 PM
(#6)
Again, not what I'm looking for.

The PT3 custom stat is only realy usuable in reports (lol @ putting that up on my HUD/popup) on every player xD) , and will always account for /all/ tourneys played (either really all, or by type) .

So not only is this not "live update during session" it's also not doing what I want (record buy-ins during a session, and one session only) . ( an argument could be made that you could input it into a popup, with a date (eg 19th may) as delimiter, but that would mean that a session would have to last a day, not say, 3 hrs, and i'll have to update said date every day).

TP is also not what i'm looking for. It comes closer (auto-reading tourneys /AFTER/ they're played, but again,you can't really say it's"live".

Think more like this :

Imagine your PT3 HUD.
Scrap all info it shows but hands played
Replace hanbds played with Average BI
Scrap the fatc that it shows for everyplayer
Move it out of my PS tables - view

C what I'm going for ?

EDIT : I'm 99.99% sure it's as simple as having a little script read your XXX / Pokerstars . 0. log , and then performing basic math,+ a little GUI.

Last edited by davidfranses; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 09:06 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 09:09 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
judging an opp by the level of games they play is a REALLY BAD idea. All that means is that someone may be spending large amounts of money.

There are plenty of very good players in the small games and a good number of very BAD players in the larger games. It's better to use how they are playing. I've got bronze stars listed as pros, and I've got some novas listed as totally clueless donks.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
judging an opp by the level of games they play is a REALLY BAD idea. All that means is that someone may be spending large amounts of money.

There are plenty of very good players in the small games and a good number of very BAD players in the larger games. It's better to use how they are playing. I've got bronze stars listed as pros, and I've got some novas listed as totally clueless donks.

John (JWK24)

What does that have anything to do with it :-S ?

I couldn't care less about my opponents, its MY Average BI i wantto be able to read on a fly during a session...

EDIT : I took the HUD example because people seemed clueless about the fact that I want an instant readout.
EDIT 2 : And not a readout of my BI over a (long) period of time, just during a session of a few hours
EDIT 3 : Took a screenie to dhow you guys what I want :

Somewhere on my screen, I want a readout of Cell B2, without having to manually input cells A7:B14

Last edited by davidfranses; Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 11:13 PM
(#9)
I don't have a solution, but I am curious about how this information will be used. If you're multi=tabling cash with auto top-up, I can see where total session buy-in could be helpful. I don't see how it would be helpful on tournaments however.

Good decisions.

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 12:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfranses View Post
What does that have anything to do with it :-S ?

I couldn't care less about my opponents, its MY Average BI i wantto be able to read on a fly during a session...

EDIT : I took the HUD example because people seemed clueless about the fact that I want an instant readout.
EDIT 2 : And not a readout of my BI over a (long) period of time, just during a session of a few hours
EDIT 3 : Took a screenie to dhow you guys what I want :

Somewhere on my screen, I want a readout of Cell B2, without having to manually input cells A7:B14

Hi,

I'm not aware of any other programs or sites that do what you are looking for or if there is any currently available on the market.

Try using Shark Scope >>click here<< 'advanced search' feature, you can filter for 'date range/today'. Please note, this feature is only available to subscriber accounts.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#11)
And again,

Sharkscope is a result tarcker, and absolutly not what I need. I want something that updates IMMEDIATLY.

Nvm, I'll keep using my good old calculator ^.^

MODs Please Close

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
**closed**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com