Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Application

Old
Bankroll Builder Application - Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hello,

I would like to join the bankroll builder program.

Thanks

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgbert23 View Post
Hello,

I would like to join the bankroll builder program.

Thanks
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Dawgbert23,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
First Hand Replay - Sat Jul 06, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#4)

I have 2 questions about this hand.

1) When it bet was raised pre-flop should I have called it as I did?

2) When it was again re-raised was it the correct decision to fold (even though I believe I had the winning hand)?

Thanks

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 09:09 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 12:19 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Dawgbert23!

With JTs from UTG+1, I get two limps in front of me. I'm going to muck here, as due to the positional disadvantage that I have, my hand is not strong enough to raise with.

When an opp makes an abnormally large raise (a standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper), my hand is definitely not strong enough to call a raise, so I need to muck preflop.

When playing out of position, I only want to be playing premium hands and I need to muck anything marginal, especially when an opp raises.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
First Hand Review continued. - Sun Jul 07, 2013, 12:27 PM
(#7)
I realized that fold was the correct play after I read the beginner section on positioning.

I am about half done the Beginner Lesson and will post again once complete.

Old
Basics Course Complete - Sun Jul 07, 2013, 11:42 PM
(#8)
I have completed the Poker Basics course and have passed the test.

Please let me know my next steps.

Thank you.

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 01:08 AM
(#9)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand Replay from money table. - Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#10)

Did I play this correctly?

Old
Question Answered - Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:22 AM
(#11)
3 reasons someone would want to bet large.

1) To gain value for a strong hand. Meaning, to beef up the pot as one would be favored to win it.
2) To put pressure on an opponent as a bluff to attempt to move them out of the pot.
3) To protect against players attempting to catch draws as they will generally will not be tempted to call large bets.

Old
Another Hand - Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:50 AM
(#12)

should I have played this stronger?

Old
Wed Jul 10, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#13)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Dawgbert23! I'll take a look at the hands in posts #10 and #12.

10. With AK in MP, opening for a raise is good, but your sizing is wrong, as you only made a minraise. This is a mistake because it misses value when you have the best hand and gives villains holding speculative hands a cheap price to call. Stick with the standard 3bb (+1bb per limper) which is 6c.
Here, the villain in the cutoff makes a re-raise (3-bet). Notes on the villain would help here, because against some players I'd reraise (4-bet), others I'd fold (if they are very tight/passive) and occasionally I would call. I don't really like this third option, because you are out of position and will have to act first on the flop. It's generally a mistake to play bloated pots out of position without the initiative. Nonetheless, you called and saw a flop of 752. You missed this flop, as you just have two overcards. I would just check-fold, unless villain gives me a very cheap price to call and see if I can spike TPTK. You led out with a bet of less than one third of pot. This makes no sense. Firstly, you should check to the raiser, but secondly, this bet is too small to put any pressure on him. His range is something like QQ+/AK, so you're not beating any of his hands. You have a chance to beat KK if you hit an ace, and you have 6 outs against QQ, but none of those hands are folding to a bet of this size. Villain calls, and the turn is a jack. Now you check, which is fine. I think making another bluff is pointless. Villain bets, so it seems he has QQ+. Your fold is correct, but you could have saved money by doing this earlier.

12. You raise KQ on the button, which is fine, but once again it's just a minraise. Don't do this. Use the bet-slider or hot buttons to open for 3bb. The minraise encourages both blinds to call. You see a flop of 965. This is a wet flop, as there are flush and straight draws. It's even possible for someone to have flopped a straight with 87. Since both villains checked, I think you could still make a continuation bet of half pot, as they will fold overcards and underpairs, and you still have outs to improve if you're currently behind.
You check, so everyone gets a free card. You make top pair on the turn, but this puts 3 flush cards on the board. My action here would be to bet-fold, meaning I would bet for value, but fold to a raise, as the raise would mean you were losing or even drawing dead. You bet the size of the pot, which is OK, as this is a very wet board, and you can get called by worse. When the SB check-calls, he nearly always has a draw or one pair, like the 9 that was top pair on the flop. The board pairs on the river. Since villain didn't bet here, he probably didn't make trips. The flush draw missed, so I don't see any value in betting here, as nothing worse can call, so checking behind is fine.
You played this hand OK, apart from the minraise pre-flop. C-betting the flop would have been a good idea too, but it's not a huge mistake to check back on such a wet board.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#15)
Hi Dawgbert23,

Please let us know when you have passed the cash game course, so we move on to the next step!
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Cash Game Quiz - Mon Jul 15, 2013, 09:09 PM
(#16)
Hello again,

I have now finished the course work and am attempting to complete the quiz.

I am getting an error (pop up window with ok button) that says:

Message from webpage
"You passed another quiz recently. Please try again later"

What do you suggest I do here as I have not taken a quiz in probably over a week.

Thanks,

Old
Test Worked - Mon Jul 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
(#17)
Scratch that, I waited an hour or so and it worked.

Passed the test!

Let me know of next steps,

Thanks

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#18)
Hi Dawgbert23,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#19)
Thanks. I will advise of outcome.

FYI, I busted my previous bonus on a cash game losing a K full of 3 to a 4 of a kind 3 with opponent holding 33 in pocket and me with KK in pocket. He caught a very lucky river card and would not fold to my aggressive betting pre flop and after flop. I was a little "emotional" and forgot to save the hand replay. I will save every losing hand going forward.

Old
Wed Jul 17, 2013, 01:41 AM
(#20)
Hi Dawgbert23,

You will need to retrieve your hand history by going into the PokerStars lobby (the client). Click on "Requests" and in the drop down menu you will find the link "Display Instant Hand History."
It is 4th item from the bottom of the list. Then post your hands here for review. This must be done before we can move forward.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com