Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

How to change Timezone in PSO?

Old
Question
How to change Timezone in PSO? - Sat Jul 06, 2013, 01:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Dear Admin & Fellow Players!

I am a new player recently joined PokerStars & learned poker. (A Very thanks to PSO's Video & Text course. As in real life, I don't know anybody who plays poker)

I usually play tournaments and won 20% of them & made more profit in tournaments than in tables. Well, As a software engineer, I have a busy life, So, Its really important for me to update my Google calendar with my Poker Schedule of Tournaments & live training session for which I have registered, But I am facing a confusion of Time Zones i.e. ET.

Question 1:How behind is ET from GMT?
(Does ET Means European time or EST Eastern Time ZOne. I am from India +5:30 GMT)

Question 2: Like PokerStars website, Mobile apps & Desktop software; is it possible to change timezone in PokerSchoolOnline forums?
(I fall into category of a wannabe "serious player" but I always miss my scheduled training session)

Thank You!
Regards, GJ

PS: You guys at PSO rocks. Its such a pleasure to know that anybody can learn poker from here with all such help & support in game and on site & freerolls

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 01:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi GauravJha,

ET is -5 hours from GMT.
To change the displayed time in the forum find the "Go to" tab at the left top corner of the forum page. Click on this tab and select "Settings." The fourth heading down the page is "Date and Time Options." You can correct forum display times here, to your local time.
Hope this helps.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 01:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2013
Dear HokyPokyToo:

Thanks for reply. I found the setting tabs and changed timezone. Unfortunately changing the timezone for forums doesn't change it for live training schedule. Well, Thanks, Now I know that it -05:00 hrs GMT, I will manually feed the data into my calendars.

Stay Rocking!
Regards, GJ

Last edited by GauravJha; Sun Jul 07, 2013 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: Updated Info

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 07:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravJha View Post
Now I know that it -05:00 hrs GMT, I will manually feed the data into my calendars.
Hello,

If you use windows there's a handy clock on the bottom right hand side of your computer screen. You can add extra clocks there like the ones here in this image:

Also, don't forget that you can add live training and skill league events to your schedule and you'll get email reminders before they start

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com