Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL FR (Saturday Game) - set on wet flop

Old
2NL FR (Saturday Game) - set on wet flop - Sat Jul 06, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012

Villain is TAG and I don't really take them for a flopped flush as, well why would I.. Anyway, should I raise the flop? I was thinking if I did it's hard to get action from worse hands so perhaps I'm value owning myself. But then calling allows the villain to draw. Also should with seat 1 behind me I'm unsure, although they play pretty much fit or fold post flop.

Played a similar hand earlier where I did raise the flop and got action from top pair no draw but it was a much looser villain and HU pot.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Fadyen; Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 05:15 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
In a standard 3-bet pot in a 2NL FR game, villain usually has QQ+/AK pre-flop, so he's not likely to have flopped a flush. Indeed it's impossible for that range to have a flush when the monotone board contains the ace. Just from card combos, AK is his most likely hand. He can have the nut flush draw with the sometimes, but if he has for example, he's probably not putting another cent in the pot if another spade hits the board.

I'm usually raising for value and to get money in before another spade comes, as it will either improve villain, or kill my action. The play works provided you also raise with draws. e.g. If you were a nut-peddling set-miner, I might fold to your raise if I have AKo on this flop, because you're never on a draw, but if you have semi-bluffs in your range, then I'll stack off with TPTK. As this is a 3-bet pot, and villain started with less than 100bb and he bet more than half pot, he's pretty much pot-committed whether you call or raise, but I guess some players could bet-fold the flop.

As played, the turn is a total blank, so it's a snap-call when villain shoves.

FWIW, I don't think of this as a wet flop. It's somewhat scary, but it only contains one good draw (the NFD), so it's not wet as such.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 05:43 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Ok wet is perhaps the wrong word to describe it but it's not what I'd call dry lol. I guess I do sometimes raise with draws in this spot so perhaps I should have raised. I think if you're right about the villains range I do get action from worse like the AK or QQ+ that have a spade. Thanks Arty!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com