Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

87s 25c 45 Man

Old
87s 25c 45 Man - Sat Jul 06, 2013, 09:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Guys,

Can I get away from this hand or is it just s cooler? Is shoving pre-flop an option?

Thanks

Last edited by DasherF78; Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 10:01 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 03:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi DasherF78,

Yes this is a bit of a cooler.

Preflop I don't think you can shove 20BBs is too big. I don't think I like a raise either really we're too short to raise this kind of hand. I would be happy to see a flop for free and hope to hit something like you did.

I definitely like betting the flop like you did. On the turn I think another bet is good. I would make it a little bit smaller. Closer to 750 or 800 since we would still like action with a hand this strong. And with only one card to come we don't need to worry too much about draws.

When they reraise, it's a difficult spot, but I think we are too invested to fold. You could still be beating a top pair or 2 pair hand. Even against a straight you have outs to a full house.

Well played overall
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com