Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

A5o 25c 45 Man

Old
A5o 25c 45 Man - Sat Jul 06, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Guys,

Second tournament in a row I hit trips from the BB and bust. Should I call the flop? Do I just have to go with the hand after hitting trips?

Thanks

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 03:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi DasherF78,

Just very unlucky this hand.

Again I don't think I like raising preflop. With 3 limpers we would be bloating the pot and playing out of position too often.

I think you've played it perfect. Check calling the flop, allow worse hands to bet or bluff and catch and stay behind on the turn and get one street of value on the turn or river.

When Ace on the turn falls you are committed, but if you bet, you are only getting called by bigger Aces.

Better luck next game

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com