Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

so what's the difference between mincashing and winning it?

Old
so what's the difference between mincashing and winning it? - Sun Jul 07, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
hey everybody - bit of rant and bit of a discussion

i've been playing a load of tournaments in the past month-2 months, im aware that im not a perfect player but i do feel that my game has improved immensly in this period - due to classes from PSO, number of hands played, learning outside of the table and just experience.

I manage to cash a fair amount of tourneys i play in, but feel that im missing that 1 thing that could help me final table\win the tourney more often

i've been playing with players and sometimes i look them up and i see that they have won tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars in tournaments - and im boggled since i dont feel like they are playing that much better than me (and even worse at times), but maybe im missing that 1 edge that they know of and i dont?

would be curious to hear thoughts from tournament players

it's also a matter of swings - sometimes i feel that there is that 1 hand that if i had won it the whole tournament would have gone differently im sure im not the only one that feels like that sometimes

Last edited by bigfoot2212; Sun Jul 07, 2013 at 01:17 PM..

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 01:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
The guys that win MTT's usually are good tight aggressive players. Good LAG players do well to of course.

I think the difference is that the best players have no problem going broke in and around the bubble and neither are they concerned with laddering up. They take calculated risks to get big stacks that allow them to be in a position to win.

They also need to run good in the big pots of course.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com