2NL - What would you do ?

CALL or FOLD ?
V-3: 399 hands 15/11 AF 3.4 3Bet 5.7
V-4: 26 Hands 32/20 AF 1.0 3Bet 0.0

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Fold to 3-bet. No implied odds to set mine and you are either way behind (to a pair) or a coin flip to two overs. Be patient and wait for a better situation.

Having a plan before you get into a hand makes your decisions easier.

Good decisions!

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Sun Jul 07, 2013 at 05:50 PM..

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Easy fold for me.

I might even fold to the UTG raise to be honest unless I was confident someone else was coming along.

Old
Sun Jul 07, 2013, 08:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
This is the snappiest of snap-folds.
Two 40bb full ring shorties (one of whom is the archetypal nitty shortstack) are getting stacks in and you're contemplating calling it off with 33? They don't both have 22.
The absolute best case scenario for you is that they both have AK, but more often than not, one of them will have a bigger pair than yours and you're completely crushed.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 03:54 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Ok thanks guys

I did Fold but it was a hand that just bugged me for a time

Here is the full hand >>

V4 had AJ'o

Last edited by Dodgy007; Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 03:56 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 04:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Easy fold for me.

I might even fold to the UTG raise to be honest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Fold to 3-bet. No implied odds to set mine and you are either way behind (to a pair) or a coin flip to two overs. Be patient and wait for a better situation.

Having a plan before you get into a hand makes your decisions easier.

Good decisions!

UTG Raiser was a loose opener so went for Set value and stacks but once the BB was in I folded

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2012
Tight openers are usually better victims for set mining because they have a stronger hand which gives up better implied odds.

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgy007 View Post
UTG Raiser was a loose opener so went for Set value and stacks but once the BB was in I folded
He may be a loose opener but is he definitely loose from UTG?

Against an early position open I am folding 33 more often than not. Especially to a 40bb stack. We can assume that the worst he has is two over cards. He might have a better pair. I don't think set-mining is good here and on the rare occasion that set over set happens well be the ones losin the pot. Not in itsel a reason to fold but all things considered I just think mucking it to the open raise is my preferred action.

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
UTG raise I call---SB calls----BB all in---not a 3 bet all in. with 3 players already in the pot I don't think he is trying to steal. In his position I would have to have minimum JJ to raise all in but in micro play some players with A K suited think it's the nuts I would put him on A K suited or a pair JJ or better.
UTG calls--- for me to call in UTG position the all in raise I would have to have QQ KK AA otherwise I fold. so pocket 33 is instant fold. If I knew these guys and played against them before there might be a change in my play but under normal play I fold

good luck

if I were in the hand in BB I personally would not go all in even with AA .3 bet to 15 then if an all in came around call.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by taxi128; Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: add on

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com