Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

New 'SMS Validation' Feature

Old
New 'SMS Validation' Feature - Mon Jul 08, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
(PokerStars Representative)
PokerStars is pleased to announce ‘SMS Validation’, a new feature in the software to protect the security of PokerStars player accounts. The new feature is designed to reduce the vulnerability of player accounts to unauthorised hackers.

After a player has activated SMS Validation in the PokerStars client, they will receive an SMS text message when potential irregularities with the operation of their account are detected by PokerStars systems. In such instances, the ability to conduct real money transactions (including deposit, cash out, transfer, tournament registration and cash games) will be suspended until the player provides the code number included in the SMS text message.

The SMS validation option is included in the latest PokerStars software update. It will be available first to accounts registered in specific countries and deployed globally once PokerStars has ensured that it meets customer expectations.

Players must first register a mobile phone number in the PokerStars software to receive SMS messages, and then activate the feature in the ‘SMS Security Options’ section of the PokerStars software.

Michael Josem, Head of Public Relations at PokerStars, said: “PokerStars is once again delivering on the importance of security for our customers. We were the first online poker operator to provide RSA Security Tokens and now the first online poker operator to offer this SMS security mechanism. The service is free to all players and adds an additional security mechanism to help PokerStars player accounts remain safe and secure against online threats.”

Further information on the new feature is available online at PokerStars SMS Validation.

In addition, PokerStars has started allowing certain accounts the ability to reset their account password by SMS. This will allow players to more easily reset their account password and regain access to their PokerStars account.

Stefan,

PokerStars Representative

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 09:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Looks good.

Have just signed up for this. Will help me in the future I am sure.

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 12:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I've used this feature when I built my new PC. Pokerstars didn't recognise it and I had to go through the SMS validation process. I suspect the same thing will happen if you fancy playing on someone else's computer.

I'm off to Belgium in 2 weeks and I might play on my phone if I can get free wifi in the hotel. I'm going to contact support and see if I need to do anything before I go.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 10, 2013, 11:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
I take it this is the new 'enter stars code' option that appeared on the mobile client after the last update?

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com