Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 zoom – flopped set – fold to river bet?

Old
NL2 zoom – flopped set – fold to river bet? - Mon Jul 08, 2013, 09:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain 3 hands – has won just big

His small CB suggests he has a draw? Maybe AK

He would not bet on the river with A5 I think? People should be scared of flushes right? Also he did not go AI on river – I think he wanted me to call.

My turn bet should have been bigger imo – around 52 cents? After that if he bets the river I can easily fold, now I’m not sure. He could have read me weak.

Last edited by braveslice; Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 09:41 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 09:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Bet bigger on the turn. River is close but i'd probably just fold. When players donk bet the river at the micros they almost always have it.

Old
Mon Jul 08, 2013, 10:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
In a standard situation thats a fold most of the time.

Old
Tue Jul 09, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Bird has nailed this one. On the turn, bet at least half pot. It's a value bet that can get value from worse, but also prevents you from being bluffed, as villain will be worried you have the flush. You still have outs if villain has a flush himself, and you want to get villain's stack in on the river if you boat up. As played, the big river lead reps the effective nuts, if not the actual nuts, and you should fold. As a general rule, river donks are never bluffs. On this board, villain would be crazy to bet with two pairs. At worst he has a straight with 76, but usually he has a flush.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com