Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Zoom 6 max - Should I find a fold on the river?

Old
10NL Zoom 6 max - Should I find a fold on the river? - Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
The villain is an unknown.
He was playing only on 1 table so I classified him as a weaker player.

I think the hand plays pretty straight forward until the river. The lead out was really suspicious. I put him on QJ, 2 pair or 2 pair that rivered a flush. And possibly a (very) small % of bluffs.

The call seems +EV to me, especially considering what he turned over, but what is your opinion?

Last edited by MadMike261; Wed Jul 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: forgot replayer :)

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 03:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
I can tell without looking at showdown that we are against a backdoor flush from the many times that it happened to me. They call with some middle pair or draw, turn a FD and lead the river when they hit.

The thing is there are not so many hands that can call two streets without some sort of a draw and then lead river.

Yet against { AhTh, Ah9h, KJs, KhTh, QTs+, JhTh, 9h8h, 8h7h, 7h6h, KJo, QTo+ } we do have ~40% equity and we are getting something like 2:1 on our call - so no folding there.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 03:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd bet bigger on each street. 50c on flop $1 on turn as the board is getting wetter and you can charge his draws.

River is gross but you can't fold. There's no value in raising unless you've seen him donk smaller sets OTR.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
It is a marginal spot since he won't bet that big with two pair, smaller sets there, but I think you should call because you are vs unkown.
I think versus a reg that is a fold, because a reg doesn't donk bet river that often.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Agree with most of what has been posted before. Against an unknown I wouldn't fold river, but definitely bet bigger on each street as that board texture connects with a lot of hands.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com