Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL FR, KK in UTG, correct play?

Old
2NL FR, KK in UTG, correct play? - Wed Jul 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Villain is 19/8 (over 28 hands), no other reads.

Did I play this hand correctly? Was it a +EV or -EV situation ?

Cheers,
DrJ

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 03:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
4bet and get it in preflop. Calling OOP with Ks is going to cost you money in the long run.

As played pre, check/calling is fine.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 05:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Yeah 4betting seems optimal but a call for trapping purposes is not bad.
Check/raising flop or turn seems better.
As played I would shove river for value versus 99 TT JJ QQ.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd generally 4-bet and get it in pre, because even though villain should know that your UTG 4-bet range is KK+, in practice 2NL villains go crazy with AK in this spot.

As played, I like raising the turn. There are only 6 combos of AA that beat you, but 12 combos of QQ/JJ you're crushing, and villain might even be barrelling with TT/99.

Calling all the way actually cost you the minimum, as villain only half-potted each street, but I think you can gain value from worse by committing on the turn.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 01:36 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
Thanks, all!

I no longer feel so bad about loosing his one

(And I'll remember to be even more aggressive the next time!)

-DrJ

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com