Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Premier League AA

Old
Premier League AA - Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi,
I hate playing OOP, if it wasn't league game of course I would play it more agressive. how would you play it on such wet board, considering it's a league game? have no stats on villain .
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Shichi-77!

With AA (or any other hand I want to play UTG), I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 180 chips.

I see a HU pot OOP and with three undercards, I will make my standard value bet for a HU pot of 1/2 pot (225). I do not want to bet less than this, as I could possibly be giving the opp the correct odds to call and try to outdraw me.

The turn is a K, which brings more straight draws into play and I absolutely need to make a value bet here both to get value for my pair and to price out any draws. Once again, I will make my standard 1/2 pot bet (435 chips). I do not want to bet less than this, or the opp can be making a +EV play against me.

The river completes the backdoor flush (which with raising preflop and leading both streets, the opp shouldn't have). I'm now going to make a thin value bet on the river of about 1/3 pot, so I will bet 550.

If this was a cash tourney, the only thing I'd have done differently there would be to shove the turn.
Even in the league tourneys, I cannot play passively. I still need to make aggressive bets to price the opps out when I have the best hand. I want to play tighter, but I do not want to play passively.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com