Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Best use of FPP's

Old
Best use of FPP's - Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Last Month I Cashed 1,000 for $10

Now I'm saving for 1,500 to Buy In to London VIP Club in November.

But which is the best way to get the best value from the FPP's ?

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I play the 235fpp storm says.

They offer a lot more value than buying $10 and I have run well in them so far. Made something like $55 out of 8 or so played.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgy007 View Post
But which is the best way to get the best value from the FPP's ?
Hey Dodgy007,

We ran a promo a long time back based around FPP's and part of that involved asking members how they would spend 1000 FPP's.

There were quite a few suggestions and you might find some of them helpful. You'll find the thread >>HERE<<

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Like most things poker,i suppose it depends.

In my case, if i want to play cash games then i buy the $10, but if i want to play tourneys, then i use the fpp's to buy into satties.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey Dodgy007,

We ran a promo a long time back based around FPP's and part of that involved asking members how they would spend 1000 FPP's.

There were quite a few suggestions and you might find some of them helpful. You'll find the thread >>HERE<<

Raiser
Great thread thanks

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I play the 235fpp storm says..
this. it's especially juicy on a saturday night / sunday morning when there are people actually trying to satellite in rather than fpp grinders who multitable them during the week.

Old
Thu Jul 11, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
There are two ways to look at this :

* Actual Value

FPPs are valued @ $ 0.016 / Point by PokerStars ; Anything (being from tournament entries, or goodies) that offer better value, can be considered a good buy.

(I think one of the very best items was a Porshe Cayenne S a few years back, that was priced @ somewhere nearthe $ 0.021 / point )

* Potential Value

This is when you're looking to "invest" it. Things like soft field tourneys, books, ... could be considered "better value" because they offer more than a flat 0.016 (for instance, maybe you can average @ 0.025 / point at some sattelite , ... )

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com