Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6max 2/4 Should I be x/r turn not leading

Old
6max 2/4 Should I be x/r turn not leading - Thu Jul 11, 2013, 09:06 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Absolute beginner today after Dave's live training. I remembered the x/r idea to get more money in the pot.

Flopped a boat so x/r flop but then I lead out on the turn.

Should I check turn and hope to see a bet multi-way and then raise and repeat this tactic on the river?

Felt I probably started ok then got it wrong.

Old
Fri Jul 12, 2013, 09:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
i think you cant check the turn you just shown allot of agression and if you check they are probably scared to get raised i think you played the hand weel although i would have just donk bet the flop because there was not pre flop agressor. i'm intersted to hear what the othere people might say

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 14, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi forrest,

I would bet out directly on the flop. The idea from class for check-raising is when the probable bettor is to our left, to trap the field. They bet, pick up callers, then we c/r, and they will call 1 more bet after putting 1 in. Even if the villain 3-bets our c/r, players will have a harder time folding for 2 more bets cold after putting 1 in already on the current street. The problem in this hand is it's a limped pot, so we don't have a probable flop bettor and we really don't want this flop to get checked through, so here I think it's best to start the betting ourselves.

We definitely do not want to check the turn... the players who showed aggression on the flop were players 2 (who has folded) and 6 (who has already checked the turn). The only player left to act after us is player 3 who has done nothing but call, so if we check there's a good chance the turn gets checked through. Player 6 who called the initial bet by player 2 then took the gloves off and 3b after we check-raised, is most likely to have the case 5 (he started out slow playing then reopened the action to build the pot after your c/r). If true then he's check/raising us on the turn since we capped the flop. So, bet, get the call from Player 3 who is most likely to be on a weak Q, then let P6 check/raise us and grow the pot more.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 14, 2013, 07:13 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Thanks Dave,

Trust me to get it the wrong way round. Like the 33 hand me limp calling.

Welcome back from Vegas.

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
You are playing 0.02-0.04$ limit holdem, nobody gives you credit like ever.
So just click the bet/raise button as much as you can and hope they will hit whatever they are trying to.
But seriously leading is better because you will give a free card to pocket pairs higher than 5s, to hit a higher full house or some random runner runner stuff, which will cost you on the river.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com