Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$0.50 NL 360 man turbo - AK w 10 big blinds

Old
$0.50 NL 360 man turbo - AK w 10 big blinds - Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
No stats on opening villain but observed he was 3x his strong hands and limping his weak ones from what I could tell. Decided to flat and call any all in shove pre hoping to entice weaker aces to shove over top. Was going to push most flops.

I know it's standard to just shove pre, and that might have "saved" us here but thoughts on hand as played?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...216_A793D76364

Much appreciated.

Old
Fri Jul 12, 2013, 01:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I shove pre flop, 10bb's isn't for post flop. I shove there 88+,AJs. As played , of course I don't fold there

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Jul 12, 2013 at 01:27 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 12, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi folkstix

Calling here is a very, very big mistake!
We only flop a pair on the flop 1 in 3 times which will force us to fold to villains c-bets most of the time.
With just a 10 big blind stack we don't have any room to 'get fancy'.
We barely have any fold equity as it is so when we do shove we will be looked up with worse more often than not.

As played shoving flop is fine, if there wasn't a heart draw out there I think checking would be an option but as we have less than a pot sized bet left I think we would get looked up by many under pairs and all Ax hands.

Get in in preflop! Calling is a huuuuuuge mistake which will cost you a lot of money in the long run.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Jul 12, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
Thanks all. I auto-shove this 99.9% of the time. Thought I'd try something different. Stacks were short relative to blinds and based on the dynamic at the table I thought we'd go a different route. We were getting it all in on the flop no matter what.

Thanks again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com