Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Let there be range

Old
Let there be range - Sat Jul 13, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Has anyone seen this book with a price tag of $1500 lol, i was reading the views and ppls were saying its the best so i put let there be range pdf into google and found the whole book.

Are these pdfs the actual book or just random crap? I also found profesional no limit holdem book is sposed to be that good that it will baffle beginners somthing that ticks all the boxes for me, i just want to ump in the deep end and soak up all the info.

Has anyone read the professional no limit book is it anygood?

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
wow, and I was appalled to see somebody trying to sell a book for $50!

$1500 ... is the book made of gold or something?

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
(#3)
Must be lol, i have read some stuff from some of these books though that are way more advanced than some of this other stuff, though i dont believe any information is worth that much money.

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#4)
It's actually on discount, only $1,397.99.
But yes it is hilarious that someone would pay that much, especially when the second result in google is a pdf copy of that book.
Also I love the fact that the book has a blue label on the down-left of the cover, which says ''NONTRANSFERABLE''.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 09:44 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It's definitely NOT a book for a beginner, especially someone that is not good with math.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:07 AM
(#6)
JWK24 what do you recommend then? Like i said i i dont want to be reading something really basic i just want something that will baffle me at 1st but il get my head around it, the trouble with some of this stuff is its to basic to me now its like when i watch some of the training vids now im not learning anything.

As for my maths is pretty decent for off the top of your head calculations if i knew what type of calculation at the table off the top of my head i need to do, i could learn them fairly quickly but anything that involves doing some calculations where i need a pen that just look horrible to look at im not interested in because how can that even help you at the table. Plus i wouldn't be able to do them anyway.

Anyway i just found another book thats got a 10/10 rating called the poker blue print what would you guys say is better the blueprint or the professional no limit holdem book, il probably get both eventually but where should i start.

I read the poker blue print is for beginners i know im a beginner but i dont want some standard stuff ive all ready been over i want something thats gonna make me think about it.

Last edited by mike2198; Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
I am good at maths very good in fact but i am a beginner at poker so is it worth a look for me ?

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
High end books go way beyond the things you need to be thinking about at microstakes. I've not read 'Let There Be Range' or Bill Chen's 'Mathematics of Poker' (which is said to be full of complex equations), but the higher you go, the more you have to think about "correct bluffing frequencies" from a game theory point of view. Up to 50NL, you should be more concerned with value-betting correctly.
If you've not read it already, Pawel Nazarewicz's "Building a Bankroll" is a great guide for beating 2NL to 50NL, and it's also reasonably priced. If it's good enough for me, and it's good enough for GarethC23 (who is mentioned in the acknowledgements), then it should be good for you too.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 03:38 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Pawel Nazarewicz's "Building a Bankroll" is a great guide for beating 2NL to 50NL, and it's also reasonably priced. If it's good enough for me, and it's good enough for GarethC23 (who is mentioned in the acknowledgements), then it should be good for you too.
Building a Bankroll online taster

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 09:21 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
For mid level... I'd recommend the Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time series (vol 1-3).

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 14, 2013, 04:41 AM
(#11)
Il have a look at this build a bankroll book, i just saw the contents of it that forrest posted looks exactly like what i was looking for. By the title i expected it wouldnt have half of the stuff i just looked at.

Il have a look at those books as well jkw24, probably not for a while though because i want to get better at cash before i learn tourneys, though i still want to play those 6max games. The trouble is i think theres a lot to learn to beat mtts.

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 12:59 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
I am good at maths very good in fact but i am a beginner at poker so is it worth a look for me ?
No, as JWK said it is not a book for beginners.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Has anyone read the professional no limit book is it anygood?
Yes, it is excellent, imo a must read for cash game players.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#14)
Il look that up then cheers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com