Since: Jul 2013
WhiteStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...234_E86D46579F

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Let me get this straight.

You played junk with zero implied odds against a maniac who happened to have worse junk than you.

I am sorry but this is the wrong forum section. May I suggest the new members forum instead next time.

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#3)
Hi MoZo84,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum
and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club
may be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
(#4)
ChromeStar
Yup and they are so proud of the lousy play,its like a plague here, and I have had enough. Moved on for awhile .....

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Cool
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#5)
WhiteStar
That maniac was doing this the 3rd time. And the big blind was on me, so I saw nobody else is raising. Still he would have won if I fold. And the tourney was hyper turbo, so blinds were going up quickly. But basically yes, that was exactly what happened.

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
lol indeed, pretty terrible play from both villain and hero

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#7)
Its always nice when it works and these 2cent 990 mans are a super fast structure where all in is the normal.
however it is important to look beyond this, and as well as recognizing that the KTs was ahead of most of his range you also put your whole tournament life at risk with a hand that is easily dominated better to wait for a spot when you have a high pair and far better chance of success.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoZo84 View Post
That maniac was doing this the 3rd time. And the big blind was on me, so I saw nobody else is raising. Still he would have won if I fold. And the tourney was hyper turbo, so blinds were going up quickly. But basically yes, that was exactly what happened.
If this villain is shoving any 2 you are ahead 3:2. Do you want to bust out 40% of the time on level 1?

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#9)
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
If this villain is shoving any 2 you are ahead 3:2. Do you want to bust out 40% of the time on level 1?
Do I want to double my money with 60% chance? Yes! But that's just cards: If sby is playing every hand aggressively, that means he is probably bluffing.
And the cards: Chance for flush, chance for straight, and higher value than what I expect from the only opponent.

But had another villain. A little more explanation:
1st replay: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...234_E86D46579F - One allin, but probably bluff. Everyone else but two folded. Those two only called, trying to get a cheap flop, so probably they won't keep it agains our allins.
Bad position example: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...047_4A30A7BCD7 - Slightly better cards, but still... So one called before the bluffer. With a 3000 pool called for 100. He'll drop. With the others: Some chance they drop on two allins, but I was just lucky. Well, on hyper-turbo I gotta be lucky. But I'm pretty sure if the others would have kept their cards, I would have lost.

The point is that when you have these villains, they can be on your side: Others see two allins, they are likely to fold. While I see that this is a stupid bluff, and will help me scare everybody else off.
Allining first can easily be a bluff, and it's very likely if repeated. But allining second, when you will have to show your cards at the end will scare others. Especially if you wasn't doing it before.

Last edited by MoZo84; Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: language

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoZo84 View Post
Do I want to double my money with 60% chance? Yes! But that's just cards: If sby is playing every hand aggressively, that means he is probably bluffing.
And the cards: Chance for flush, chance for straight, and higher value than what I expect from the only opponent.
And here is an issue, you didn't double your money you doubled your current amount of torniment chips, and in order to do so you put your torniment life at risk. (your money)

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 13, 2013, 11:33 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
Not surprised to see that these tourneys are still bingo games. Been years since I played them, how did I ever beat them??

Old
Sun Jul 14, 2013, 01:46 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2013
I guess the 0.02$ buy in 990 will never improve poker wise.
They will always remain a great place for drunk people, or showing friends how to not play poker.

Old
Sun Jul 14, 2013, 12:05 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
Not surprised to see that these tourneys are still bingo games. Been years since I played them, how did I ever beat them??

I will guess that you beat them with good poker Joy

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 17, 2013, 05:32 AM
(#14)
WhiteStar
Quote:
And here is an issue, you didn't double your money you doubled your current amount of torniment chips, and in order to do so you put your torniment life at risk. (your money)

Grade b
Yes. But my tourney life is always at risk, and those chips can save it at a later time. Tough decision. There is no correct answer for this one I guess. It always depends on the circumstances.

Quote:
I guess the 0.02$ buy in 990 will never improve poker wise.
They will always remain a great place for drunk people, or showing friends how to not play poker.
That's the point: You can play poker many ways. And since you promote tight-agressive here, they'll exploit. Especially if it's a 0.02$ buy in 990 game.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com