Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

adohole's fifithecat chalange

Old
adohole's fifithecat chalange - Sun Jul 14, 2013, 09:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey guys im going to do the 100 buy in chalanges the same way as fifithecat did here we go starting br $150

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 14, 2013, 11:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohole View Post
heey guys im going to do the 100 buy in chalanges the same way as fifithecat did here we go starting br $150
Yeah, come on, you can do it!!!

Are you cashing out the rakeback too? If I were to start the challenge again I would probably keep my rakeback/bonuses in the bankroll so I could move up quicker. Plus, the rakeback/bonuses lower the swings as you can cash in fpps to stay at the higher games longer so you don't have to move down. Like, if I just made the $30s, I would cash in a bunch of fpps and be able to play more games there before having to move back down.

Last edited by fifithecat; Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 12:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2012
Haha, good luck ado!

I also would say it's best to include $ from FPPs just to smooth out the variance a little. Would be cool to see you crush these games also.

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 03:38 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
ok lets start the game a ltile difrent then im gonna start with a br of $177 and 3.5k fpp's gonna use the fpp's if i go on a downswing or if e get close to the 3.50 to get a foot in the door all to make myself move up a litle faster
edit thought about it a litle longer will start with teh regular $150 gonna use the rest of my br for mm events and flhe mtt's and sattys after the mm i will add all fpp's to my br

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by adohole; Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 04:02 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
Hey adohole, nice to see you’re doing this challenge! Best of luck and keep us updated, I’m very interested in how you do.
Btw here is a great video from Grayson "spacegravy" Physioc about short stack play http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Series-Part-3 I basically started my grind with just this video. Hope it helps.

Best of luck!

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Good luck with this challenge!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Good luck ado, I think you could do really well at this. I really like your idea to save the fpps for when you have a big downswing. It's good to have a bit of a backup, especially since these games can be quite high variance at times.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
heey guys thanx for all the support and ibeko i think i watched all spacegravy vids at least 10 times they are amazing. will do a smaal grind now have played 80 games stuck 6 buy ins but its a nice comeback after 20 games i was down 16 buy ins always fun to start with a downswing.had a string of 7 3rds in a rowi knew it would be swingy and much bigger swings will come but nothing helps to get you of your feat than a downsing at the start of a chalange will just keep grinding away. have played 2 and 4 tables just to get a feel agian will be 6 tabling from now maybe 9 tabling in the future

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/n72a.png/ interesting first day, i think im still to tight from the blinds in early game but playing well so we will see how it goes tomorow

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 04:09 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2009
Good luck buddy, it's always a good idea to get the tables down to begin with until you're happy with your game, and then increase again.

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL adohole!!

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#12)
how's it going?

skype isn't letting messages go through to you

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
GL adohole,

I played about with these and they are fun, fifi"themaniac"cat will surely help you through any problems cos he is a sicko in these "ment in a good way" - to climb up the levels quicker dont forget FT also have these, although 10bb structure, and you can pair your accounts and transfer moneys over easily, its what i did when playing these and you can climb up levels quicker.
Just wanted to bring it to your attention, plus at the lowel levels FT has rakeback, wich in my opioin and others is great for these mass volume games.

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifithecat View Post
how's it going?

skype isn't letting messages go through to you
it should be good now i am getting masseges of other people dont know what the problem is now but things arent going well yeasterday i played about 150 games where i was losing like 2 or 3 buy ins but with the last 9 tables my pc disconected when i finaly had internet again i had 2 tables wiht less than 1bb left will post a bigger update later.

ty impact for the info but i dont like FT and with just playing on ps i am getting closer to my main goal of this year the 10k vpp's so will keep playing on ps

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Slype tells me it's your birthday. Have a good one and crush the tables if you're playing!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
ty ty but for some reason my skype is one day of tomorow is my bday :P cant really get myself to grind the hypers for today have to love all the micromillions action going everywhere now with the hyper shootou sattys running will be though for me to get some games in but will have to try an put in 100 games a day

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
http://imageshack.us/f/560/cy1w.png/
finaly able to put in some volume ran good played well really happy with the result next week will be tough to put serious folume in going on a few trips

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 05:22 PM
(#18)
Well done man. Your achievement is even better as you managed to do it even after watching my confusing video.

We will have to do a teamviewer session this week where we go over some hand histories together.

Those $3.50s are coming up for you. Just remember, like I said on skype, don't overtake me on your road to success.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com