Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Bankroll - What to start with.

Old
Bankroll - What to start with. - Mon Jul 15, 2013, 10:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
Hi guys,

I am forever topping up my account with measly $20 deposits every month. Clearly losing all my bankroll, hence topping the account up every month. I'm thinking about depositing about $100+ in order to stop this. I don't play cash games, I play mainly MTT's and SnG's.
Preferably, I would like to deposit $200 and willing to play MTT's & SnG's with a buy in of $2 or less. If I win & increase my bankroll for example, my bankroll is up to $250, I can play in games with a buy in of $2.50 or less etc.

I would like to hear what you guys think about this and what Bankroll strategies you implement to stop going from hero to zero.

Cheers

Brodermatt

Last edited by Brodermatt; Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Brodermatt!

I always stick to and recommend the 100 buy-in rule for tourney bankroll management.

Honestly, you'll be better off if you work your way up, instead of continually depositing. If you can't beat the quarter games, you won't beat the 50 cent ones, and the higher you get in buy-in.. the harder it will be to continually beat them.

Start off with the quarter/fifty cent MTT's or SNG's and work your way up.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 12:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
Awesome John, thanks for the tip

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com