Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Challenge: 5 years to achieve SNE

Old
Challenge: 5 years to achieve SNE - Tue Jul 16, 2013, 10:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Introduction myself:

Hy, my nickname here at Pokerstars is GroundBurst, and Im from Brazil.
Sorry if you find many english mistakes. Im not good at all to write in this language.

The BIG Challenge: "It´s a Long Way to The Top (If You Wanna Rock´n´Roll)" : Achieve SNE in 5 years (end of 2018)

I know its looks stupid, 5 years, its too long, etc...
But I want a slow peace in this challenge, primarly because Im a fish, a tilted fish.
Have so many leaks in my game, but, truly?, I tilt too easy.
My biggest flaw is this...HyperTilting.
I pretend to work hard in this issue first place, while I study the game with discipline.
Its a really big commitment, and requires a lot of planning, hard work, discipline, and true, some talent. But I know that I dont have it, so I will work double hard in it.
Ill set up the official initial day at 01/08/2013, just because its looks cool, the second semester beginning.
As 01/08/2013 is approaching, the offical beginning of this challege, I've been outlining my for the first year of this challenge. So, I created some sub-challenges wherein I think it´s necessary to focus.
I´m with an open mind approach, so if it will be necessary to change, or ad, new sub-challenges, certainly I will.

Update: 01/08/2013

Here the inital list:

Sub-Challenge #1: "Vanishing my Worst Half": Lose 88 pounds in 2 years. Get fit, get health. (In Progress).
Sub-Challenge #2: "Highway to Hell": 1000 Frerolls this year. Learn to control my tilting tendencies. (In Progress).
Sub-Challenge #3: "Study Hard is Right": Study at least 2 hours per day. (In Progress).
Sub-Challenge #4: "Search and Destroy" : Find my recurrent mistakes, and fix them. (In Progress).
Sub-Challenge #5: "With Arms Wide Open" : Grind the Open League to achieve the Premier League. (In Progress).
Sub-Challenge #6: "Now Gimme Money": Bankroll Builder: Goal $10 to $1000. (In Progress).

Read more: Challenge: 5 years to achieve SNE. (GroundBurst) – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz2ZDgPSgu5

Last edited by GroundBurst; Thu Aug 01, 2013 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: updating challeges status

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Wow that sounds like a really long term challenge.
So have you thought what game type will you be playing?
Good luck and Vammmmmoooooo!

Last edited by GamblingProp; Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM..

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Your english is fine but hiper is hyper

Challenges can be really good for your game and they really help keep me motivated and help me enjoy the game more.

When it comes to tilting i do occasionally tilt and when i do i find it better just not to play and just rail some friends instead and watch them get sucked out on

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Good luck with this challenge!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 12:11 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Nice challenge, good luck

But, if you want to achieve it, may I suggest that you break it down to year, month and even weeks.
How will you achieve it?
What will you play?
How many hours a week?
Right now, your challenge is very very vague and when they are vague, they are doomed to fail

Here are a few links to help and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

How to set up goals
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...359#post319359

How to set up goals
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...864#post311864

My 2012 Goals
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...777-2012-goals

My 2013 Goals
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...484#post380484

Old
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundBurst View Post
Ill set up the official initial day at 01/08/2013, just because its looks cool, the second semester beginning.
lol

GL GroundBurst!! Vamos!!

Old
Wed Jul 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2011
These are some great tips Sandtrap, I'll make sure to study them as well. It's great that experienced, solid players such as yourself welcome new members and offer assistance. And GroundBurst, maybe we can make a Brazilian Team Challenge, as I am Brazilian as well, how about that for a start? Good luck! Boa sorte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

But, if you want to achieve it, may I suggest that you break it down to year, month and even weeks.
How will you achieve it?
What will you play?
How many hours a week?
Right now, your challenge is very very vague and when they are vague, they are doomed to fail

Here are a few links to help and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

How to set up goals

How to set up goals

My 2012 Goals

My 2013 Goals

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
Wow that sounds like a really long term challenge.
So have you thought what game type will you be playing?
Good luck and Vammmmmoooooo!
@GamblingProp : Yes, its a really big journey. I prefer this way to dont burnout in the process, and have tons to improve, I think its the time that will take, or more... Good Luck to you too and Vamooo!

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
Your english is fine but hiper is hyper

Challenges can be really good for your game and they really help keep me motivated and help me enjoy the game more.

When it comes to tilting i do occasionally tilt and when i do i find it better just not to play and just rail some friends instead and watch them get sucked out on

@DrDonkin : Thanks for pointing that. Edited.
Watching friends pain = lmao.

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Good luck with this challenge!
@ArtySmokesPS = Ty Arty, I will abuse of your patience, asking for hand analysis rrsrrsrs

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

How will you achieve it?
What will you play?
How many hours a week?

How to set up goals

How to set up goals

My 2012 Goals

My 2013 Goals

@Sandtrap777 : WTF man! Really nice posts. Ill read it, study, and when done, post here.
Will help a lot. Ty very much.

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
lol

GL GroundBurst!! Vamos!!
rsrsrsrsrs vamoooo!

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 02:04 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mendes 20 View Post
These are some great tips Sandtrap, I'll make sure to study them as well. It's great that experienced, solid players such as yourself welcome new members and offer assistance. And GroundBurst, maybe we can make a Brazilian Team Challenge, as I am Brazilian as well, how about that for a start? Good luck! Boa sorte!
@mr mendes : Its a good idea, mendes. If you make it, just call, Im in. Good luck to you too. Ty!

Old
Updating - Thu Jul 25, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#14)
Update

Update: 25/07

The BIG Challenge: "It´s a Long Way to The Top (If You Wanna Rock´n´Roll)" : Achieve SNE in 5 years (end of 2018)

As 01/08/2013 is approaching, the offical beginning of this challege, I've been outlining my for the first year of this challenge. So, I created some sub-challenges wherein I think it´s necessary to focus.
I´m with an open mind approach, so if it will be necessary to change, or ad, new sub-challenges, certainly I will.

Here the inital list:

Sub-Challenge #1: "Vanishing my worst half" : Lose 88 pounds in 2 years. Get fit, get health.

Sub-Challenge #2: "Highway to Hell" : 1000 Frerolls this year. Learn to control my tilting tendencies. Getting beat and sucked-out every day, all day.

Sub-Challenge #3: "Study hard is right": Study at least 2 hours per day. Study all the basics again and then advance.

Sub-Challenge #4: "Search and Destroy" : Find my recurrent mistakes, my theme mistakes while playing, and fix them.

Read more: Challenge: 5 years to achieve SNE - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2a4sM2AV6

Last edited by GroundBurst; Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: grammar mistake

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#15)
About the Sub-Challenge #1: "Vanishing my worst half"

My intent with this sub-challenge is to motivate me to get fit, to get health.

To work at an state of peak performance you need your body in the best shape possible. SNE plays hours and hours in a condition of strees and sedentary state.

It´s pretty obvious that you wont make it, if you are overweight, as I am, and not resting enough, like I usually do.

My goal is to lose 88 pounds within 2 years.
To achive this I plan to:

1) Eat better : calculate my caloric needs, and make a diet plan according with these needs.

2) Gym: Enroll and go 3 times a week at least.

3) Sleep: rest its important too. Get my full 8 hours every day.

4) Track: Weekly and Montly to dont get sloppy and quit. Post here my weight updates.

5) Monthly Goal: Lose 3,7 pounds/month

6) Weekly Goal: Lose 0,92 pounds/week.

I think that it will be REALLY hard since I THINK like a fat guy.

The mental side will be cruel , but if I wanna make changes, it will not come easily.

Last edited by GroundBurst; Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 01:56 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 09:46 PM
(#16)
About Sub-Challenge #2: "Highway to Hell":

Challenge Theme video here

What it is about?
Playing 1000 Frerolls this year.

Why to do it, idiot?
To learn to control my tilting tendencies.

How it will help?
Get used to be abused, sucked out. The idea is to get exposed to these situations so many times, that it will not strees anymore. Learn to embrace the idea that it will happen over and over and over.

How do you plan to do it?
Playing the maximum number of freerolls that I can to end this sub-challenge fast.
My goal is to finish until the end of this year, but maybe in a couple of months I think its done.
I think a minimum of 5 tourneys per day.

Will you post your results here?
Yes, so stay tuned.

Good luck dummy.
Txs!

Last edited by GroundBurst; Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#17)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi Ground!

One of my idols, the fantastic poker player and team online member André Akkari has done a similar challenge with losing weight and is doing pretty well. Check his video series "Na mira do Pro" on youtube for a very nice and entertaining tournament analysis.

About tilting, read this article: Why bad beats matter to some.

To analyse your leaks, consider buying a HUD software, if you don't already have one, the best ones in the market are HM2 and PT4. Cost is about 100 dollars. I personally prefer Poker Tracker 4 because of the auto-note function.

Good luck!

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#18)
@mr mendes 20:
Hi Mendes,
Thank you for the links. Ill be watching today.
I have HM1, but will get the PT4 trial to see if I like it.
I liked the article, saved here to study more deeper.
Everything was very helpfull, thanks a lot man!
e vamooo.
Cheers.

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#19)
New Update 29/07

Sub-Challenge #5: "With Arms Wide Open" : Grinding the Open League. Goal is to achieve the Premier League.
Sub-Challenge #6: "Now Gimme Money": Bankroll Builder: Goal $10 to $1000.

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:15 AM
(#20)
About Sub-Challenge #3: "Study Hard is Right": Study at least 2 hours per day. Study all the basics again and then advance.
I took 2 hours of my daily grade exclusive to study. I will study before grind at tables, both for concentration and motivation.

About Sub-Challenge #4: "Search and Destroy" : Find my recurrent mistakes, my theme mistakes while playing, and fix them.
Put this like a challenge because, with tine, we tend to forget and lose focus. This year, all hand analysis will focus to search for these leaks, thematic leaks.

About Sub-Challenge #5: "With Arms Wide Open" : Grinding the Open League. Goal is to achieve the Premier League.
Ill track my performance at Open Leagues. And try to achieve the Premier League and its big leaderboard payouts.

About Sub-Challenge #6: "Now Gimme Money": Bankroll Builder: Goal $10 to $1000.
Yesterday I used a ticket that Full Tilt gave me to play The Big Litlle Tournament. 11.000 entrants and I finished 341 I think, for $9.50 in cash. Im at position 1153 in Open League today, and Im confident that Ill make another $0,50 in this.
So, 01/08/2013 Ill have $10 to start my bankroll challenge. My goal here is to achieve $1000, but without a time goal.
At this begining , I´ll be grinding astronomers freerolls, open league leaderboard, $0,25 45 man sng, and the $0,25 $100 added tourneys until I have 100 buy-ins to play $1.10 tourneys and/or play $2NLHE (100 buy-ins too).

Read more: Initial Sub-Challenges List Completed (GroundBurst) – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz2aRd7oATx

Last edited by GroundBurst; Mon Jul 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com