Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max Zoom QQ

Old
2NL 6-max Zoom QQ - Thu Jul 18, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unkown, but is playing just one table.
I ranged him on many hands that i'd beat, so I raised AI.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
This one comes down to combinatronics. Villain's most likely range for raising the flop is sets (99 and 66, as 33 probably doesn't call the pre-flop 3-bet) overpairs (JJ, TT, and the other QQ, as KK+ usually 4-bets pre) and possbily the NFD with AKhh.
You're beating 12 combos of overpairs, losing to 6 combos of sets, and a slight dog to the NFD. Since you're a favourite against about twice as many combos as you're losing to, your equity is in the 60-65% range, so getting it in is fine.
Here's the equity simulation:

Board:
---- Equity Win Tie
Hero 60.39% 58.01% 2.39% { }
Vill 39.61% 37.22% 2.39% { QQ-99, 66, }

There's also the general rule that: "In a 3-bet pot, 100bb deep, it's standard to stack off with TPTK or a big overpair". It's especially true once you've made a c-bet. You're pot committed and can't fold, unless villain is a super-nit that only gets it in with sets.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Yeah standard spot there.
I imagine that he is playing that way TT+, A9, nut flush draw or flush draw with 2 overcaards.
So yeap, we no fold QQ!

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2007
I hate these spots at 2NL Zoom. You wait an age for a decent hand and when you get it, your continuation bet is raised on a low flop with a flush draw.

Mathematically, the shove to his raise is the correct play, but 90% of the time I find myself getting the money in as an underdog because they are never/rarely bluffing at 2NL.

Fold and you are left with a stack of 1.90. It is very difficult to do and is read dependent as Arty says but to me it looks more +EV in the long run.

Cheers,

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com