Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max Zoom AK

Old
2NL 6-max Zoom AK - Thu Jul 18, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, vaillain is unkown but playing 2 tables
The river is a check back ?
I decided to bet since I could get value from worst aces.
When he check raises me it seemed werid, since hands like 99 didn't make sense. Or maybe he was going nuts with some weak Ace.
I just felt that his playing didn't amek sense with sets since the most likely was 99. So I decided to call.
Any thoughts ?
PS: He had Tc Jc

Thanks

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I don't mind going for thin value betting the river as I agree we can get paid by worse aces. The huge c/r is indeed strange. Seems like he's got A6 or a bust, and A6 has to be at least a little concerned about AA/QQ/99/AQ here. I wouldn't fault folding to this action as many players (especially at this level) aren't capable of check/raise bluffing the river, they just always have A6+ here, but since it's a draw heavy flop and all draws missed, I can see looking him up like you did.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 12:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I see players take that line every time i play poker and nearly all of them have a monster, its really annoying that they dont raise the turn and you keep betting and have to fold but i know they always have it because i burnt like $30 ages ago checking out what certain players do with there monster hands.

There are players that take that line but i like a note to call them now, i dont mind your call as much though because you had to put an extra dollar in, on a dry board though i would be folding TPTK.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com