Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max AKs vs squeeze

Old
2NL 6-max AKs vs squeeze - Thu Jul 18, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the villain on BB is playing 18/13/6 over 200 hands and is playing 4 tables.
SB is playing 16/6/0 over 33 hands.
Fold, call or 4B ?

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 04:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey fp_boss77

There are two choices here, call and raise, which is to say folding is out of the picture. I don't mind either and I would default to putting in a four-bet here. I think its hard to go wrong either way.

Pros of calling
- we get the small blind to continue with their whole range pretty often, a range that is weak that we dominate
- we get to see the flop in position with a suited hand against the BB's squeezing range (as opposed to a tigher range he will play v a four-bet)

Pros of four-betting
- never folding the best hand postflop
- getting value from the BB's light squeezes when they fold or continue
- inducing five-bets from a range you can profitably call
- picking up the pot preflop often

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 10:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I agree with Gareth. Folding AK pre only comes into play for me against super tight ranges... like if a villain is only on QQ+ or AKs, then stacking off 100+bbs pre against that range with AK isn't great.

While this BB's 18/13 is somewhat nitty for 6-max, his 3b of 6% is not a nitty 3b %, and he's squeezing a steal position button open and fish's SB flat, so he can be expected to be easily wide enough for us to continue profitably here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 12:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Definitely not folding never tryed 4 betting though i haven't had the opportunity alot so i dont know about that one, what i would like to know though if you call a 3bet and miss the flop completely or the flop has low cards what do you do when the raiser bets into you and what do you do when you get a bad flop that you cbet in a 4bet pot and get called by villain?

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Thanks for the help, I think I'd rather 4B here.
But I'd like to hear the trainer's thought on Mike's post. About postflop playing this hand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com