Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

MicroMillions Event 007 $5.50 NL Hold'em 20K Gtd Blinds 40/80

Old
Thumbs down
MicroMillions Event 007 $5.50 NL Hold'em 20K Gtd Blinds 40/80 - Fri Jul 19, 2013, 03:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

Villain raises nearly allin with nearly air.

I hope this works so you can see it. Did I play it good? Bet sizing? Making the call? Thanks

BION2000

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
I think you played it perfectly, villain 2 played it terribly.

Players this bad need to get lucky sometimes else they would quit the games - you want to be up against players who stack off this light. No consolation for what happened here though!

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Thanks I thought so too. When he min-raised I thought he had aces... haha that would have made me feel a bit better. I mean AA vs KK sure but A4 and runner runner 5 3 for a straight, no. Just NO.

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
It hurts lol , but nothing to do with it, good play

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BION2000!

I'm going to get it in with KK, but the key thing that I'd look at are the non-std bet sizes. Here's the way that I'd play it.

With KK preflop and 2 limpers in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 400 chips.

The flop brings 3 unders and straight/flush draws. Once again here, I'm going to make a standard value bet. Bets post flop need to be made based on the size of the pot, number of opps in the hand and the board texture. With 2 opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 1040... HOWEVER... this is over 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, the only play that I have on the flop is to SHOVE. I do not want to bet less than this, as I could possibly be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me and if I do so and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand, because I gave the opp a +EV play.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com