Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

BankrollBuilder pokerfishas

Old
Question
BankrollBuilder pokerfishas - Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
BronzeStar
Hello, I hadn't made a deposit at PokerStars and I want to take part in BankrollBuilder promotion

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 09:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerfishas View Post
Hello, I hadn't made a deposit at PokerStars and I want to take part in BankrollBuilder promotion
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 20, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello pokerfishas,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#5)
Hi pokerfishas,

Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the analysis done shortly.

flophitter

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi pokerfishas! I'll take a look at the first hand you posted, and then a moderator will get you going with the next stage of the promotion.

Firstly, although you've found a full ring table, there are a lot of empty seats. This changes the game dynamic a lot. Since you have to pay the blinds more often when short-handed, you need to play a wider range of starting hands which can put you in difficult spots. That's not good for a beginner trying to learn the fundamentals. The PSO training courses are designed for patient and disciplined play of solid starting hands, so I recommend adding your name to a waiting list for a full table, and leaving for another one as soon as there are two or more empty seats. Here, you're just 4-handed, and stacks are very deep, which changes the dynamic even more. Nevertheless, I'll look at the hand and we can move on.

You have A7 in the big blind and this is a trash hand, but with everyone just limping in, you can check your option and see a flop for free. The flop comes a Q94 rainbow, so it's pretty dry. You totally missed this board, so if anyone bets you have an easy fold. It gets checked around and there's an ace on the turn. You're quite likely to have the best hand here, but be aware that your kicker is not good, and someone could have made two pairs with a hand like A4. There's a flush draw out there, so you can definitely get called by worse hands, so betting for value makes sense. Your bet-size is not good though. 250 into a pot of 200 is an overbet that risks you getting "valueowned". When you make over-sized bets, most worse hands will fold (so you don't get value) and only better hands will give you action. I would prefer a bet of about 3/4 of pot. This is still enough to gain value from draws and worse pairs, and it minimises your losses if you happen to be losing. Two villains call, which is a bit concerning, so I would be cautious on the river unless you improve to two pairs. The river pairs the board with another 9. It's definitely possible that a villain just made trips. My plan here would be to bet small (about half pot) and to fold if I get raised. It's quite unlikely that a worse hand is calling a large bet here. That's what happens. You bet 850 into 950 and both villains folded. Most likely they had draws that missed, or weaker pairs. You dragged the pot, which is nice, but you may have got a little more value by betting smaller on the river.

A moderator will post a video that will help you with bet-sizing. Good luck with the next stage.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 22, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#7)
Hi pokerfishas

Hope you found the analysis valuable. Now just let me know when you've passed the

Poker Basic quiz and I'll award you your first bonus and we'll move on to the next

step.

flophitter

Old
Mon Jul 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I have passed the PokerBasics Quiz

Old
Mon Jul 22, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#9)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 07:06 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Players may want to make big bets:

1)To put a lot of pressure on opponents
2)To gain value from very strong hands
3)To protect against strong draws

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I have already passed CashGame Quiz

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#14)
Hi pokerfishas,

Great thanks for posting the cash game hands, we'll provide the analysis here soon. Then I'll award you with your second bonus and we'll move on to the next step

flophitter

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 06:50 PM
(#15)
Hi pokerfishas,

Unfortunately your Cash Quiz pass isn't showing on our system here. It's possible, but unlikely, that it's a technical issue, so please take the quiz again and let me know when you have the pass.

flophitter

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi pokerfishas!

There are several important points to note in this hand. Firstly, you paid the big blind out of turn. Never do this! It seems cheap to just pay 1bb, but they add up to be a huge drain on your bankroll. Just don't do it - ever When you sit down at a table, click the "Wait for Big Blind" button. Then use your time to start getting reads on your opponents.

As played, 77 is a bit weak to be raising with preflop from mp. If you are going to raise, I suggest sticking to standard bet sizes which would be 3bb plus 1bb for each limper. So, make it 8c here not 6c.

You raise and get 3-bet from a big stack and called by another big stack. I strongly suggest folding here. Firstly, the raiser has position on you. In general you should never call 3-bets out of position. You typically fold or 4-bet your stronger hands. Secondly, I assume this is your first hand at the table. If you have no reads on the opponents, we have to look at their actions and stacks. All indicate stronger hands than your sevens.

Normally we either flop a set or fold in these spots. With both players looking weak in the flop, taking a stab on the turn is understandable. I dislike bluffing without reads, but this did look like a decent spot to bet. Note, even though you won this hand, your preflop actions were not optimal.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 10:11 AM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi again pokerfishas!

Preflop looks great! This time you are 3-betting AND have position on the villain. We see how position helps on the flop here. The villain bets, but is forced to fold when your raise.

What do you think the villain was holding? AK, perhaps a pocket pair or maybe even 10x or Jx? I ask because your raise on the flop is too big. It creates a situation where you get value owned. This is an extremely important concept to learn. Getting value owned means you bet/raise so much that all the hands you are beating fold. This costs you value and results in your winning smaller pots than you could have. It also means that only the hands beating you (such as sets here) are calling. This results in your losing more than you could have. In poker we want to do the exact opposite. Win big pots and lose small ones.

Here you have AA, but post flop we can say you have top pair. We don't want to slowplay. We want to raise for value and to protect our hand. However make it about 70% of the pot, not a big over bet. 70% will give anyone chasing a straight bad odds to continue. yet, still cheap enough that anyone with QQ, KK or AJ, A10 hand will call.

Learn this concept and you will have pasted a major hurdle for many beginners - GL

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I have passed the CashGame Quiz one more time. Could you check it?

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 10:17 PM
(#19)
Hello pokerfishas,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 08:46 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
It very annoying, but i have lost the 2nd bonus very fast..
And here are two hands, in which i have lost my bankroll..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com